Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Excalibur long shaft?
Posted by: Xp doberman
Date: May 31, 2017 08:53PM
Looking for advice for shaft longer than stock for beach hunts ,probably going to waist mount

Re: Excalibur long shaft?
Posted by: rottonr
Date: June 01, 2017 05:13AM
I got the Anderson with the handle, works much better than what came with the machine. If I remember right they have the "Tall Man" shaft.

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: June 01, 2017 08:44AM
When I bought my Xcal I ordered a Balanced Straight Shaft from "Rods By Plugger". Since I am a bit over 6 feet tall he recommended his 42 inch shaft. Works great for me. He has aluminum and carbon fiber shafts.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: bob.oz
Date: June 01, 2017 02:21PM
Like GeorigeinSC did/says.......First thing anyone should do when they get an Xcal with the stock shaft is get rid of it!!! That stock shaft will discourage anybody after a few outings. Get yourself a Plugger or Anderson straight shaft, you can work on getting the PP and Headphone mods after,..... after you cash in on a few of those gold rings,lol.
You should reconsider the hip mount. If you have stock phones, the cable is never long enough to NOT put pressure and movement to the control units end, not to mention pulling the phones from your head with sudden or off balance moves.If you do a lot of water hunts You're also putting the controls in the water more often than you would having a behind the elbow shaft, I'm 6'3" and use a Tall Man Plugger on my Xcal1000. I got a combo deal when I ordered it, it came with the hip mount too, but I've never used it.

Posted by: Xp doberman
Date: June 01, 2017 08:59PM
Thanks for the help ,ordered a plugger long shaft today,hope it will allow me to hunt longer

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: June 02, 2017 02:39PM
You will be astonished how much lighter the Xcal feels on a straight shaft that puts the controls under your elbow. I detected for close to six hours this morning at the beach, In and out of the water. I am one of those Seasoned Senior Citizens.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login