Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Diamond ring that is stamped 925 ????????
Posted by: Jim Robertson
Date: June 02, 2017 06:08PM
Has anyone ever found a diamond ring that was 925?? Was the diamond real?? Thanks

Re: Diamond ring that is stamped 925 ????????
Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: June 02, 2017 07:18PM
One of my favorite ring finds was a 1kt CZ on 925. MUCH prettier/sparklier than any diamond could be.
But no, I've not found even a synthetic diamond on 925.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: bob.oz
Date: June 02, 2017 07:39PM
I have a couple with mostly diamond chips or small stones. One belt buckle ring I have is stamped 925, but also has other hallmarks inside that I have never found the meaning, the other has numbers and letters besides the 925. Both checked positive for diamonds From what I've seen posted on other MD forums, it's not that unusual these days.

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: June 03, 2017 08:36AM
A couple years ago I found a beautiful 14K ring with a main stone of at least one carat and 18 smaller stones on the split shank. Diamond tester said it was a diamond. Took it to a jewelry store and the young lady tested it and proclaimed that it was a real diamond and very high quality.

Happened to be in a jewelry store in another state and showed it to the jeweler. He tested it for a diamond and it tested positive. He then tested it for Moissanite and it tested positive for moissanite. Had it checked by another jeweler and she also proclaimed that it was Moissanite.

Both of the Jewelers said "Well you do have some value in the gold".

So diamond testers are not always telling the truth.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: Hoser John
Date: June 04, 2017 08:57AM
925 is usually a silver designation isn't it?? Trusting results are another test for sure. Covet your find and just take it for what it means to you. John

Posted by: John(Tx)
Date: June 04, 2017 12:09PM
Yes, I found a silver/diamond ring in chest deep water couple of years ago, diamond tested real, they certainly do exist....HH

Posted by: vleonard1844
Date: June 04, 2017 12:27PM
I found a mens Tungsten carbide (Triton) with sterling insert and 9 diamonds.
They do sometimes mount diamonds in silver as you can not channel set diamonds in tungsten carbide rings.

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: June 04, 2017 05:02PM
I purchased new 925 stud earings with diamond chips for my wife... i have found many many 925 earings at freshwater beach but dont recall any of them testing positive for diamonds. ..

Posted by: rottonr
Date: June 05, 2017 05:45AM
Some but only this very small stones and chips.

Posted by: rottonr
Date: June 05, 2017 05:47AM
GeorgeinSC
A couple years ago I found a beautiful 14K ring with a main stone of at least one carat and 18 smaller stones on the split shank. Diamond tester said it was a diamond. Took it to a jewelry store and the young lady tested it and proclaimed that it was a real diamond and very high quality.

Happened to be in a jewelry store in another state and showed it to the jeweler. He tested it for a diamond and it tested positive. He then tested it for Moissanite and it tested positive for moissanite. Had it checked by another jeweler and she also proclaimed that it was Moissanite.

Both of the Jewelers said "Well you do have some value in the gold".

So diamond testers are not always telling the truth.

That's crazy!!! If I ever find a big stone that test Diamond and turns out it wasn't I WILL start crying!!!!!!!!

Posted by: C.J.M.
Date: June 10, 2017 06:03PM
The 925. silver is the amount of silver in the ring also on sliver coins from mexico,and other silver coins.:nerd:

Posted by: JamesBondaka
Date: June 15, 2017 03:59PM
You need a special tester for Moissanite stones.

Yes, I've found one....sometimes they put diamonds in .925 in Mexico.

................................*.................In Oregon, I will find a million dollars, one penny at a time!............Viva la diggo.................*.........................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If the hobby of metal detecting made perfect sense...everyone would do it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3i ExpSe Xlt F75 Umax Dfx Mxt Gmt Ace ETrac 505 Gold & Coinmaster Deleon Mpx Prizm II Cz5/3D Goldengate 3D BH300 Ctx Jeohunter Tm-808

Posted by: tarajudy
Date: June 21, 2017 03:32AM
Most ladies diamond rings found ( 99.9%) on the beach are FAKE. 40 PLUS YEARS HUNTING AND ONLY 2 REAL ONES FOUND.AND THE GOLD WAS WORTH MORE.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login