Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
CZ20 Mid Tones Only Shallow
Posted by: flysar
Date: June 12, 2017 09:05PM
I picked up a 10.5" CZ20 and while air testing I get a high tone on nickels and 3 sizes of gold rings except within 2-3" of the coil, then I get a mid tone.
I also have a 8" CZ20 and I get a solid mid tone through all air tested depths, as designed; settings were identical.

Two questions
Is that typical for the larger coil?
Do you think Fisher can/will make that adjustment without me being charged the $300 conversion? I'll call them in the morning.

I think that mid tone is key when gold hunting, especially when you don't have much time and want to pass on the zincs.

Re: CZ20 Mid Tones Only Shallow
Posted by: tvr
Date: June 13, 2017 03:59PM
Standard tune is for nickles to be high tone; with either 8 inch or 10.5 inch coil. My CZ20 has been tuned to make a nickle mid-tone. Do call and talk with them. If you send it in and it won't pressure test to full specifications, it will probably force a conversion to CZ21.

Posted by: flysar
Date: June 13, 2017 08:52PM
tvr
Standard tune is for nickles to be high tone; with either 8 inch or 10.5 inch coil. My CZ20 has been tuned to make a nickle mid-tone. Do call and talk with them. If you send it in and it won't pressure test to full specifications, it will probably force a conversion to CZ21.

Did Fisher, yourself, someone else retune the nickel to mid tone?
I'm glad my 8" responds with mid tone on nickels. I would think all water machines would be set that way "gold".
Thank you

Posted by: tvr
Date: June 14, 2017 07:05PM
Someone else retuned it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login