Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Florida Beach near clearwater
Posted by: N.D.JONES
Date: June 17, 2017 11:19AM
I hope to retire in a few years to Florida I have been detecting in Virginia for many years. Here in Virginia out in the water we have rocks and clay about 12 inch down and some time less if the sand has moved around . I was wondering how the bottom is in Clearwater area . I have heard that sand there is many feet deep and if a ring is lost you only have a few day to find it before its to deep in the sand to detect .. can anyone help with information about the bottom.
thanks
N.D

Re: Florida Beach near clearwater
Posted by: bob.oz
Date: June 17, 2017 03:05PM
Sandy bottom with a mix of shell, easy to dig. Targets sink and rise with the weather. A string of nice days lasting a week or so and a lost gold ring will most likely be recovered by an MDer ( there are many on CWB) before it has a chance to sink in and get comfortable. Storms come and go daily off the Gulf at times, which can cover or uncover those lost treasures. GL

Date: June 18, 2017 09:17AM
thanks so much for your reply and the information.. N.D

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: June 21, 2017 05:45AM
You arent talking about the Ocean...... its a much calmer situation year round. Most beaches are sanded in and have been for a few years now. BUT..... its still there and a few days of wind change or high waves can change a lot. For the most part CWB has a pretty good hard pan ..... stuff gets covered up faster than it sinks. Nice think about CWB..... there are a lot of beaches very close and no one gets it all. You will get to know the conditions and which might put some gold in your pouch.

Dew

Xcal II, Blue Xcal 1000, Sov GT, Exp SE
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.

Date: June 22, 2017 01:20PM
dewcon4414
You arent talking about the Ocean...... its a much calmer situation year round. Most beaches are sanded in and have been for a few years now. BUT..... its still there and a few days of wind change or high waves can change a lot. For the most part CWB has a pretty good hard pan ..... stuff gets covered up faster than it sinks. Nice think about CWB..... there are a lot of beaches very close and no one gets it all. You will get to know the conditions and which might put some gold in your pouch.

Dew
Thanks so much for all you information . it is greatly appreciated

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login