Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Lost and Found gold class ring
Posted by: tvr
Date: July 02, 2017 07:21PM
Was at a beach today with the wife, youngest daughter and all the grandkids. Was in the water and dug up what I think is an old bell when a young lady comes over and asks if the detector would find a gold ring. She said another young lady had lost her class ring in the water. She pointed out the gal and I headed over. The young lady had a very good idea of where the ring was and how deep she was in the water when it came off. As I headed out towards the estimated depth, I get a solid signal and dig a nickle. A couple steps further out and get another solid signal. With a class ring in the scoop, I yell to her "What school?". Her answer matched the ring and I walk the ring in and hand it to her. She was very happy. I think I had some divine assistance getting me on the exact correct line the first time and not having to grid. Took all of five minutes from first word with the young lady to handing her the ring. Took longer to get over to my wife's cell phone and snap a picture. Many of the class rings now are not gold, but this one was a nice 10K ring and only about a year old.
Cheers,
tvr

Re: Lost and Found gold class ring
Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: July 02, 2017 09:04PM
Congrats on the save... that ring is a beauty. ..

Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: July 03, 2017 04:18AM
Great return TVR!! And a Very Nice New, old look class ring!!

2017 .. Gold Rings 134..........Silvers 176

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: July 03, 2017 07:57AM
Good vibes story---continues good luck .

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: July 03, 2017 12:03PM
Good job! Great feeling isn't it.
Hope she learned what not to wear in the water.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: tvr
Date: July 03, 2017 05:13PM
Yes, it is a pretty class ring. I urged her to leave the jewelry at home, 'cause next time it may be a keeper for me or someone else. When I was back out in the water, she came by where the family was sitting and thanked my wife again. Nice young gal!

Wife and I have a couple of road trips coming up and I'm hoping for some keepers.
Cheers,
tvr

Posted by: bob.oz
Date: July 04, 2017 06:23PM
Great job on the lost & found Class Ring :clapping: I always like stories/accounts of fellow MDers helping others.:thumbup:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login