Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Scuba Tector finds yesterday
Posted by: comisoas
Date: July 19, 2017 11:52AM
I bought a full face snorkeling mask and the Scuba Tector. I was finally able to get out to a swimming beach in the Raleigh area. I had 3 1/2 hrs of solid snorkeling/detecting with no breaks. Visibility was about 1 foot. I had a blast and although I found no rings, it is just a matter of time with this bad boy.

Re: Scuba Tector finds yesterday
Posted by: foggynotion
Date: July 19, 2017 12:54PM
I guess the Scuba Tector really works. I will have to order one. What make and model mask are you using and what is your opinion of it?

Posted by: ewtaylor
Date: July 19, 2017 01:27PM
http://md-hunter.com/deteknix-scuba-tector-new-2017-depth-test/

a little test underwater.

depth seems to be about 4 inches. Is this any better than the garrett carrot?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2017 01:33PM by ewtaylor.

Date: July 19, 2017 02:32PM
The mask is Tribord Easy Breath. I bought it on Amazon. Just take a measurement of bridge of nose to bottom of chin to determine size to order. I got the M/L and it fits me fine. It is fantastic for snorkeling. I love it. Just watch some videos on it. You cannot dive with it, just snorkel near the surface. I would say no good at or below 10' depth. You are unable to clear your ears through plugging your nose.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: July 19, 2017 05:26PM
Nice finds and excellent report. Good luck!!!

Date: July 20, 2017 05:01AM
Thank you, I am glad you like it.

Posted by: woffie
Date: July 25, 2017 02:30PM
I recently got one of those masks and found it to be really good.

Posted by: Hoser John
Date: July 26, 2017 08:24AM
Where did you find that full face mask please and looks like a great day in the water for sure-kudos-John

Date: July 26, 2017 06:33PM
I found it on Amazon, the Tribord Easy Breath. Well worth the money for snorkeling, not diving though.

Posted by: Hoser John
Date: July 27, 2017 08:29AM
thank you very much, any trouble with fogging up?John

Date: July 27, 2017 08:37AM
Not at all. The nose cup keeps your breath contained. If I hold my breath to retrieve an item, surface and breath a hard exhale and hyperventilate for a short time, it fogs a little, but disappears quickly. Just make sure you measure from the bridge of your nose to the bottom of your chin and order the right size mask per the instructions on the order page for the mask and you should be fine. I got the M/L size. I have had no problems with fogging whatsoever when snorkeling.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login