Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Let's design the world's best beach detector!
Posted by: goldtooth
Date: September 07, 2017 02:16AM
Why cant they just make a detector that shows you whats under the coil. a ground penetrating detector that shows the actual object on a screen.you would never have to dig trash again. just dig the good stuff.

Posted by: RC
Date: September 11, 2017 12:41AM
Follow in the steps of Anchor electronics Their Barracuda PI. It went deep over 18 inches on Spanish silver. Paid 1500 15 years ago. Sadly not made anymore, but one hell of a good water machine. Nothing interfered with it. When it was being made for me I had them tweak it towards gold. Great machine more than paid for itself.

Posted by: stephenscool
Date: September 20, 2017 08:55PM
Seems Minelab scooped up the battery idea.

Date: September 23, 2017 01:57AM
Keep the Fisher design (cz21) where the battery compartment is separated from the electronics.

But have a battery that doesn't have any connections. If it is held up against a certain spot (with no connectors) it will power the unit. It can be charged in a similar fashion. If the battery compartment is flooded only the battery will be damaged. This will be a connecterless battery that can power the unit and be recharged with NO connectors and without having to be removed from the battery "compartment ". The advantages are the battery can be changed for people that hunt longer than 5 or 6 hours, or for people in the field unable to charge the old battery.

This idea is open for any metal detector manufacturer but especially useful for water machines.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2017 02:22AM by stephenscool.

Posted by: LE.JAG
Date: September 27, 2017 05:33PM
RC
Follow in the steps of Anchor electronics Their Barracuda PI. It went deep over 18 inches on Spanish silver. Paid 1500 15 years ago. Sadly not made anymore, but one hell of a good water machine. Nothing interfered with it. When it was being made for me I had them tweak it towards gold. Great machine more than paid for itself.

I will look for the big coins and very large rings at about 50 cm = 20 inch // coil 15 inches, but the 12 is not very far (more sensitive)
on compact sandy beaches, of course
but must be equipped accordingly
3 mm homemade stainless steel gamatte
that of trade are not strong enough to dig at this depth

+ the first yellows of Fisher -Manta :) // a week of tests on different beaches
only 18k
the small 0.8 gr was taken at about 20/25 cm = 9 inch

Fischer--Aquamanta // Pulsepowers Goldscan 5C // Nexus coronado // Vista Gold

( sorry for my english )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2017 05:36PM by LE.JAG.

Posted by: lytle78
Date: September 27, 2017 05:58PM
Keep thinking. An opportunity to actually influence design and development of what will be the next purpose built beach machine - no holds barred - no compromises to terrestrial use - just smart folks taking a shot at making the best beach detector.

My plan is to get one early, pack up my little /casita travel trailer and start a temporary carreer as a beach bum.

A search for treasure - the Grail - heck, maybe they should call the detector that!

Rick Kempf

Date: September 27, 2017 10:16PM
Check out some of the shafts i designed. Skinny as a golf club, ultra light, strong, and little to no flex. More hydrodynamic, less weight and easier to reach into hard to get at spots such as bushes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login