Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Let's design the world's best beach detector!
Posted by: Sand dog
Date: July 30, 2017 11:37AM
Well since we're talking about a potential new beach machine built from the ground up a few things that come to mind

1. New technology. Real discriminating pulse induction with ability to be deeper than previous tech. Or an all new technology that's better all the way around than what's available now.
2. Build quality coils. A beach machine will take a lot of abuse from rough water, sand ,salt so it needs to be built tough. Highest quality strain relief,coil cables and stainless steel connectors that can take the abuse of salt water ,sand and heavy use.
3. Housing. Needs to be high quality impact and uv resistant with high quality stainless fasteners. Pistol grip with that special tough rubber material they use on high end fishing reels that stays grippy when wet.
4. Shaft. I prefer a telescopic straight shaft style setup with coil cable inside. This design suits beach hunters and divers best as its adjustable and keeps coil cable from getting scraped or hit by debris. This needs to be able to create the least amount of drag in water and easy to clean the sand/grit/salt out of inside tube and cam locks. Maybe a rinse port could be built into it.
5. Battery. I think keeping the battery separate from main electronics area "like excal" is the best idea incase of a water leak or battery leak. And it could be at back of shaft for balance "like mx sport.

John

Posted by: stephenscool
Date: July 30, 2017 09:53PM
Perhaps Fisher can hold a contest of some sort... If they are really interested. People that contribute ideas that are put on the final product can be used as testers. Too bad garret didn't do it with the atx. The shaft would have been tossed directly into the garbage

Posted by: lytle78
Date: July 30, 2017 10:52PM
SC,

Since Fisher hasn't introduced a new beach machine since last century, they might not have a short list of tech testers - who knows. I do know that I will copy the ideas to them with attribution as to who came up with them, simce this whole "crowd sourcing" thing is a result of what one of them said to me a while back when I asled about the Manta.

Heck - I live in AZ - I'm nuts to be "cranked" about a new beach detector, but I teally think that this initiative could produce som],ething truly new - plus beach detecting offers WAY Better scenery than nugget hunting!!

Rick Kempf

Posted by: dobbratacus
Date: August 04, 2017 11:48PM
John, you nailed it.

Posted by: Mike MD
Date: August 10, 2017 10:11AM
[/quote]

We old pilots call them VOR's.[/quote]

Or TACAN.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: August 13, 2017 11:10AM
Mike MD

We old pilots call them VOR's.[/quote]

Or TACAN.[/quote]

True.

Vor=civilian

Tacan=Military.

Posted by: Mike MD
Date: August 14, 2017 09:23PM
doc holiday232

True.

Vor=civilian

Tacan=Military.

Yes sir,

Remember the OMEGA navigation system before GPS.

Posted by: LE.JAG
Date: August 28, 2017 07:02AM
Hi,

I detect the European beaches for many years now using only PI-based detectors.
I used all generations of Pulsepower, Deepstar, Goldscan IV, Goldquest SSV3, Aquastar, and Goldscan 5c.

I stay now with the Goldscan 5c which has been modified to get a delay of 7us, powered under 18volts and a few other things....

What do I expect from a PI ?

- Waterproof, depth at least of 30 meters
- Different sizes of coils
- Pulse delay <= 7µs
-Removable headphones
Watertight for diving,
Normal for the rest, better sound !

-Battery of large autonomy .!
- at least, as an option outside the box to allow more autonomy and better distributed weight, On my 5c
the battery is carried at the back in the pocket of a hunting jacket; its autonomy allows to scan for 2 days at full power ...

- A picture of my 5c
- A ventral case
- Battery (blue pack 5000mah) at the back
- A very light cane with a solid waterproof coil
The whole system allows hunting a complete day without tiring.
This is in my opinion the best configuration, lighter and more compact would even be better…

Just a telescopic cane with handle.
The outside cable allows folding up the rod as much as possible for transport
If it goes into a backpack, it's perfect.

The design is not a concern for me; the only important factor is the performance on gold
And I do not pull the high voltage PI to pick up money

The 7us delay allows to concentrate to the low conductor targets (Gold and platinum)
the rest I leave it to the children enjoying their F22 :)

CTX or ATX are beautiful, set on a fireplace
but I would not hunt for 6 hours in a row with any of them.
It seems impossible to me and after a week you have no more shoulder or a tennis elbow...

A lot of manufacturers concentrate on the design, this may be the seller, but in my opinion they are wrong.
For those who are really looking for gold, only performance is important, and performance is not just the machine,
it is also and above all the possibility of using it for a long time without tiring.

The more you spend time on the ground, the more you find gold

If you think a VLF or BBS is good on gold, I should tell you though that a very good PI is much better.
With them, you take a ring of 10 gr at its limit of depth.
A very good PI will take to the same depth a ring of 2 gr!
At the end of the day, there is a huge difference.

If Fisher puts everything in a single detector
The price will not really be a problem, it will be refunded quickly....!

With my old Goldscan, I often make several gold rings on a tide
By the way, passing behind other prospectors

I am not better than another; I just own a very good detector, which I considered the best
until now.
I'm sure we can have better, much, much better.

Date: August 28, 2017 09:09AM
Wow! LE.JAG - I was hoping you would post.

I know you had one or more of the Aquamanta prototypes. I am so very eager to see what production beach detector emerges from the cooperation between Alexandre Tartar and Fisher (First Texas).

Depth equal to or superior to the best PI detectors, along with reliable iron discrimination to full depth. Add modern ergonomic design and perhaps modular optional power and no beach will be safe. You are right, no matter what they charge, you can get your momey back if you hit the beach. Frankly, I hope they charge "an arm and a leg" for the machine - let them take the Minelab approach. That way they get higher margin - same profit on fewer unit sales - and most important LESS COMPETITION FOR US EARLY ADOPTERS"

As soon as one becomes available, I plan to go "on safari". I'm hoping for something by next summer - but who knows!

Rick Kempf

Date: August 29, 2017 04:03PM
Hi Rick,

Not the right to say a lot of things ...
Just, that I always test the machine of Alexander
Since the last video, the machine to much evolve

Fisher now has all the cards in his hand
To have the best beach PI

Which will offer this kind of result
A week of hunting, beaches very hunted
You can see, many rings light
It's there: that the 7us makes all the difference
About 50 gr (18k) I was simply deeper than all the others ....

The hardest now, will be to wait :)

Fischer--Aquamanta // Pulsepowers Goldscan 5C // Nexus coronado // Vista Gold

( sorry for my english )

Posted by: Nony
Date: August 30, 2017 03:28PM
Hey Jagounnet !

It is for what the holes in coil ?
C'est pour quoi faire les trous dans le disque ?

Are you satisfied with golden mask shaft ?
Elle est bien la canne de chez golden mask ?

I thought you used the manta or aquamanta ?
Je pensais que tu utilisais le manta ou l'aqua... et non tu continues avec le 5C

:)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2017 03:34PM by Nony.

Date: September 01, 2017 06:35AM
Hello nono,

I use the last proto manta
But I can not put a picture ....

Photo of a hunting week with 5c
It's just to show what a 7us high voltage gives
it is the best
Knowing that the last manta is much better
At all levels

- the holes in the disc, just so that the sand does not stick
There is no resin in the bars

( sorry for my english )

Posted by: Jim Robertson
Date: September 03, 2017 06:36AM
New beach PI
I though I was dreaming when I first saw this post. I can see folks that have already posted have some great idea's. So I will not re list any of them but will say again.
Looks do not matter a black box, shaft and a couple coils. Put all the hard work under the hood. Power and build it strong.
A couple question I have has this already begun? Is Fisher really committed to the build? Fisher really does need a winner. Thanks for asking what we want that is a great start. Good Luck.

Date: September 03, 2017 10:48AM
There will be PI's from Fisher (First Texas). What capabilities and features they will have and when they will appear - who knows.

Rick Kempf

Date: September 04, 2017 04:46PM
Jim Robertson
New beach PI
I though I was dreaming when I first saw this post. I can see folks that have already posted have some great idea's. So I will not re list any of them but will say again.
Looks do not matter a black box, shaft and a couple coils. Put all the hard work under the hood. Power and build it strong.
A couple question I have has this already begun? Is Fisher really committed to the build? Fisher really does need a winner. Thanks for asking what we want that is a great start. Good Luck.

Hello Jim,

I remember a few years ago
I had bought you
a goldquest SSV3, find lots of gold with :beers:
a very good machine

yes Alexandre now works for Fisher First Texas
the detector, currently: code-name: aquamanta
will be wel a Fisher

prototype much deeper than the SSV3
which was already far ahead of a GT
just imagine.............

( sorry for my english )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login