Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Scuba Tector finds today.
Posted by: comisoas
Date: July 26, 2017 06:31PM
My second time out with the Scuba Tector today at a lake swimming area. Coupled with a full face snorkel mask, this is proving to be a deadly combo. Very happy with this detector. I have not found gold yet, but it is just a matter of time.

Re: Scuba Tector finds today.
Posted by: Hoser John
Date: July 27, 2017 08:31AM
Wow lots of finds for sure and the gold will come. The more exclusive the locale the more gold that shows. Public beach vs rich folks beach-John

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: July 27, 2017 09:39AM
Very nice--good luck!!!

Date: July 28, 2017 10:17AM
Update....I sent my Scuba Tector back to the manufacturer in CA. I was receiving phantom beeps after about 10-15 minutes of detecting. Every 6 seconds or so I would receive the phantom beep. They immediately sent me a shipping label for free shipping back to them and they will send another back to me. Great customer service! I love this machine.

Posted by: bob.oz
Date: July 29, 2017 07:57AM
Is there any difference in the tone when hitting on a bobby pin compared to a coin?
Can you tell if it is a large object like a can?,....
can you size the target by the length of the tone, passing it over the target a few times?

Date: July 29, 2017 08:45AM
No. You can only tell if it is close or far from the detector head. Fast, strong beep sounds is close to head; slow beeps for further away (deeper) objects. It will detect a can at about a foot. It is very sensitive. I found 2 individual chain links, the little balls, for a dog tag type chain. Smaller than BB's. If there is, say a gold class ring. No problem at 4 or 5 inches I would say. For a really thin, diamond wedding band or other thin gold, it may have a tougher time at an inch. Watch Youtube for tests. Now, there is one video I saw questioning whether it will find gold. On real light, thin gold as the video shows, it barely picks it up until practically touching the head. I am all thumbs up on this detector. No difference in tones. I did find that if you go too fast in your sweep speed, you may miss deeper objects. You just have to experiment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login