Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
3rd time out with the Scuba Tector.
Posted by: comisoas
Date: August 06, 2017 06:41PM
My 3rd time out with the Scuba Tector. Take home was 11 quarters, a $1 coin (mixed in with the quarters), 8 nickels, 3 dimes, 12 pennies, 5 rings (one is hidden under the silver-looking ring), and some other odds and ends. Not bad, but the gold and silver still elude me. One day, but not today. This was the same beach that I went out to last time when I found $5.07.

Re: 3rd time out with the Scuba Tector.
Posted by: bob.oz
Date: August 06, 2017 09:25PM
5 rings.......:clapping:
You got that right...one day, given your persistence, you're going to score a goldie:thumbup:. Your reports, and finds with the Scuba Tector are interesting, thanks.
GL

Date: August 07, 2017 05:43AM
Thanks for the encouragement. It is just a matter of time.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: August 07, 2017 09:56AM
Good luck !!!!!!

Date: August 07, 2017 01:39PM
Thanks! It just takes persistence and time, the latter of which I don't have too much of. With my family to care for, time is tough to come by. I get out when I can. Not to mention, there are only a few swimming areas within an hour of me to hunt.

Posted by: foggynotion
Date: August 07, 2017 03:40PM
Did you use your modified scoop last time out? How well did it work?

Date: August 07, 2017 09:46PM
I did. It worked great. I think I will drill a few more holes in it though. It takes some practice getting the find with the first scoop, particularly if you snorkel in a bit deeper water. When I hold the scoop still, the sand automatically just falls through the holes underwater, kind of like a sand timer. It was much easier on my fingertips too. Most of the time I could get my find the first try.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login