Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
which of these would be best
Posted by: Herb Jones
Date: August 18, 2017 01:21PM
guys i have never detected on a beach, but will take a trip
down in a fee weeks and wanted to play around..... i dont have a dedicated beach detector, but of those i do have listed on my signature, which would give me the best performance in dry sand/ above the high tide mark? i understand that none are gonna be exceptional, and that i will need to avoid wet sand... thanks

Herb Jones

T2
Vaquero
Compadre
Compadre (tricked out)
Bandido II ┬ÁMax
Lobo Super Traq
Eldorado (original)
Garrett American S3
Garrett Master Hunter Featherweight Groundhog
And a whole bunch of coils

T2 works pretty well on dry sandN/T
Posted by: Elton
Date: August 18, 2017 01:35PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Re: T2 works pretty well on dry sand
Posted by: Herb Jones
Date: August 18, 2017 01:36PM
thanks Elton

Re: which of these would be best
Posted by: tvr
Date: August 18, 2017 04:23PM
From the T2 manual "The ground cancellation system can be adjusted to allow searching salt water beaches."

While I have not used a T2, I have a F75LTD and have used it with good results at salt water beaches. It is not limited to the dry sand. It can hunt the wet sand and do a pretty good job over the wet salt sand. I would expect that if you properly ground balanced the T2 you could get good results too. Use it in all metal mode and stay on top of the ground balance for wet sand hunting at a salt water beach.

One thing I did find annoying over the wet salt sand with the F75 was the response to iron. It was clearly identifiable in all metal mode as iron, just by sound alone, without looking at the ID numbers, but the sound was a loud boinging echoing sound that I found annoying. I prefer and normally use other detectors at the beach, mostly water proof ones, but I suspect you can get good results with your T2.

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: August 19, 2017 04:45AM
I dont know that i agree non will be exceptional in the dry sand area. Many single freq can be better in that area than a dedicated multi freq water machine. Most will also pick up targets in the 6 to 8" range easily. If you are looking for recent drops.......... they just dont get that deep that fast. I recommend you cover as much towel line as possible as effectively as you can..... but most of all keep the coil on the sand. Good coil control is the key............ keep that coil up 3 or 4 inches and you are going to leave some good stuff for others. Dig everything but a bottle cap and iron....... or at least kick it.

Dew

Xcal II, Blue Xcal 1000, Sov GT, Exp SE
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Posted by: Fishers Ghost
Date: August 20, 2017 02:34AM
I have had fair success with the LST on salt beaches.
It is fine over the dry sand and can be used in the wet if you run the Sensitivity at around 4 in All metal Auto tracking mode.and still find coin at around the 8 inch mark.
The Disc mode is not much value over the salt.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login