Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Finally Retired....
Posted by: bob.oz
Date: September 10, 2017 05:45PM
These old water boots.:lol:
Just in time for the post Irma hurricane treasure hunt to begin, my new boots showed up on the door step yesterday afternoon...Irma is showing up here in St.Petersburg in a few more hours.:unsure:
Thank heavens she is loosing strength as she makes her way up the West coast. I spent days prepping my house for everything from flooding to flying debris by boarding up windows and then evacuated since I'm on the water. So, as long as I get through this with little damage to repair, I should be putting these new boots to work in the next few days.
My old shoes are a few years old +, and I definitely got my use of them...maybe a little longer than I should, but I could not find them again in my size and width. They where NEO SPORT 6mm /low cut/ hard sole /wide, and I will get them again when I find another pair. In the mean time, I ordered these US DIVERS high cut/ 5mm/ from Deal Genius for $20 shipped. The sole is not as hard/thick as the NS ones, and they are lighter. I figured at that price, I will get my use out of them.
GL ALL

Re: Finally Retired....
Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: September 10, 2017 07:16PM
High milage on those bad boys...great deal on the new ones... i bought a pair of dive boots for $5 at a flea market a few years ago and love em..only wished i had purchased the other pair he had for sale for same price, granted they are used but that dont bother me none... gotta tell you i would be tempted to detect the gulf while the water is way out..what an opportunity, but dangerous im sure...good luck bob stay safe...

Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: September 10, 2017 10:01PM
Congratulations on the retirement!! Now you can enjoy Life!! Ever second!!

Effort is Important, But knowing where to make an effort can make all the difference!

Posted by: Hoser John
Date: September 11, 2017 08:18AM
You'll never be so busy as when you retire, kudos-John

Posted by: Flintstone
Date: September 11, 2017 09:41AM
why is it when you retire you can't get time to do what you want? I think I had more time when I worked.

Posted by: bob.oz
Date: September 11, 2017 12:15PM
Lol...the only thing retired are my hunting boots.
I have a couple more years to go, but plan to keep going several more years if I can.
Lost power during the night, lots of trees, branches, and fences down. Police won't let me out to my island home yet, but have heard from those who stayed all is good.
I should have plenty of extra time to hunt the beaches when they open them since I sustained no damage to my homes.
Hope others can recover quickly, in my area it was not as bad as it could of been, Naples and Fort Meyers took a hard hit as did the Keys.

Posted by: BigTony
Date: September 11, 2017 04:38PM
I never believed that line but found out it's very true.

BigTony

Posted by: sdesic
Date: September 12, 2017 12:45AM
It was about time to retire those LOL
Now to get some Spanish treasures?

Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: September 12, 2017 08:03AM
Flintstone
why is it when you retire you can't get time to do what you want? I think I had more time when I worked.

Not here, Hunting is my retirement, 3 hours a day 4 or 5 days a week

Effort is Important, But knowing where to make an effort can make all the difference!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login