Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

The "Prospecting" Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Multi Use Gold Prospecting Detectors PI or VLF?N/T
Posted by: JRJNJVJ
Date: May 16, 2010 03:26PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Read this-
Posted by: bobhallowell
Date: March 27, 2011 04:26PM
sounds good where can i get one close to missouri

Re: Multi Use Gold Prospecting Detectors PI or VLF?
Posted by: Jessgo33
Date: March 28, 2011 10:18PM
Yea i was reading that, and you were talking about getting a detector, and knew you bought a gold bug pro the same time i did.... Do you like it? Mines not bad. Found a .7 gramer with it. and about 25lbs in iron..lol.. other then that the best machane iv seen to pick up small grain size is the fisher gold bug 2 with the 71.khz. It will beep on " <-------- gold that size. flypoop size peices and the gmz will berley get a single, the mtx will prob. miss it. I don't know about the eurkkea gold but it sounds good for small peices. Hope it helps.

Posted by: Jessgo33
Date: March 28, 2011 11:03PM
in fact here is the you tube video i got that shows what the gold bug 2 will do. Yes its even got the infinum, and whites detectors.

check out this video on small gold and different detectors its a pretty good comparison. :starwars: It is very educational and fun to watch. Ps the gold nuggets come on at about the 3 min mark... :drinking:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 11:05PM by Jessgo33.

Posted by: goldseeker4000
Date: April 19, 2011 12:50PM
For your info, the GMT is not the best detector out there for nuggets and coins, or even just nuggets for that matter. Call up Chris Gholson with Arizona Outback and talk to him about the Minelab X-terra 705. It is hands down the best VLF detector on the market for gold nuggets and coin shooting combo. check out the X-terra forum on here and talk with digger. Ask him some hard questions on this matter. I am sure he will set you straight on the X-terra 705. I enjoy mine more and more every day and it is more of a joy to operate than my GPX4000. These are items I found with my Minelab X-terra 705. If you buy a 705 you will not be disapointed! Period! Under $1000 with 3 coils.

Posted by: Dwayne2010
Date: April 19, 2011 03:45PM
I would love to see this with the Goldbug SE or Pro added for comparison

Date: May 05, 2011 09:43PM
goldbugs are gold gold machines but they cannot compete in the coins catagory. Not Even. I owned a goldbug 2 and I thought it was sensitive only down to 4 inches or less. That sucks. I sold that piece of junk after two or 3 years. X-terra 705 is just as sensitive but will go deeper. guaranteed. I've done it.

Posted by: Dwayne2010
Date: May 06, 2011 09:19AM
goldseeker4000
goldbugs are gold gold machines but they cannot compete in the coins catagory. Not Even. I owned a goldbug 2 and I thought it was sensitive only down to 4 inches or less. That sucks. I sold that piece of junk after two or 3 years. X-terra 705 is just as sensitive but will go deeper. guaranteed. I've done it.

I am not sure about the older goldbugs, but I have been out coin hunting a few dozen times with my Goldbug Special Edition and it rocks! I have to turn my sensitivity down so that I don't dig the smallest of junk that is deeeeeeeeeepppppp. Gain of 6 which is about 1/4 of the way for sensitivity, I am pulling dimes out at 5 inches no problem. Same with pennies. This machine is almost too sensitive for hunting modern fields and I guess my only complaint is that I get annoyed with it going off on the tiniest piece of tin foil.
As far as prospecting goes, I haven't found any nuggets with it. Then again, gold is where you find it and the claims that I had were mainly fine gold and not really nugget ground.

Date: May 06, 2011 10:27PM
Jessgo33 , You mentioned in your video about the Infinium 440 volts? What do you mean. Infinium is a pulse detector operating at 770 pulses per second!!!! I owned one and got rid of it to buy my X-terra 705. One of the best decisions I ever made. I did find gold with infinium but it is cheaply built for how much they cost. It did not live up to what I read about it and talked with Vaughn Garrett about it.

Date: May 06, 2011 10:40PM
Dwayne2010, the discrimination on the gold bugs is not designed to blank out junk like coin detectors are. It is ment to eliminate iron- small pieces to be exact and mainly hot rocks. I used one in a old ghost town and it was useless as there was desintigrated cans down to dust and gold bug 2 was going off constantly. The X-terra 705 has notch discrimination at every 2 notches and you can see the TIDS on the screen and it has 99 tones so every TID has its own tone so you if you have bad targets or good. I often find coins with junk metal in the hole right next to the coin. The junk metal does not full my 705, but you need to learn the readings and that is done by first digging iffy targets to varify. what state are you in? That is too bad about your claim only having fine gold. Give you a hint- go high to detect for the gold. Very high, like towards the summits of the mountains in your area and hunt around the dikes that are cutting up thru the country rock.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: May 14, 2011 03:24AM
wish i had the money i would buy one of each and see what i think of them, each machine has its little idiosyncrasy's that take time to learn but once learnt the detector in your hand is the best one??

at the end of the day it is a hobby for most of us not a money making venture, having said all that we all want the best detector and from what i have read most people believe there's is the best :clapping: so buy one after researched and you will have the best one? how do you know its the best one? simple its yours :blink:

Posted by: GoldChaser
Date: May 14, 2011 03:54PM
well said, amberjack!

Posted by: calibil
Date: May 18, 2011 11:08PM
Depends on the mineralization of the soil where you search for gold, in high mineral soil the MXT is better than the GB's, low min soil the GB's do better on small gold, and most pulse machines will beat out all vlf's in high min soil, having the ml 5k, it is the best pulse for gold in bad dirt that I have ever used. A used (good shape) ML PI may be an economical way to start. I have found gold with the MXT but more so in parks and beaches as rings. Most MXT's can be bought on this forum in great shape, I have purchased many from this forum classified and have been amazed the these machines have been in such great shape.

Posted by: w6pea
Date: June 05, 2011 06:40PM
Good questions.

"Without Truck Drivers America Stops"
"I need more Coffee & Old Bushmills!"
"I need a drink soon..and now, I am going to have one!"
Do Not Forget the USS LIBERTY June 8,1967 :usaflag:
"Why do I have to Press "1" to speak English in The United States of America?" :usaflag:
U.S. Marines don't suffer from insanity...We enjoy every minute of it.:usmc:
" I Can't....Means I Won't ! "GySgt. E.R. Drummond Jr. :usmc:
"Semper Fi" :usmc:

Posted by: gweiler
Date: January 13, 2013 03:28PM