Findmall.com

The "Prospecting" Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Minelab Unveils a New Gold Detector . . . . and you won't believe the price!
Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: February 10, 2017 05:46PM
Minelab is synonymous with finding gold but for many, the price has been the deal-breaker . . . . Minelab has finally listened and after more than a year of testing and development, they released a new gold detector . . . . (the Arabic writing is the detector's name and is intended for customers in that part of the world)

Ok, maybe not the typical Minelab name for a product but it offers exceptional performance on a wide range of target sizes . . . from sub-grain to whoppers. While it is designated as a single frequency VLF operating at 45 khz, the Minelab engineers have designed a new way to spread that out so that you are able to detect targets of all sizes. Other detectors are hot for small pieces or large pieces based on their frequency forcing one to choose what they are looking to find or buy multiple units to cover all bases. The following graph shows what the engineers worked to accomplish:

Other controls are Sensitivity (Manual or Auto) and Volume . . .and that’s it! Simplicity meets performance in the new Minelab Gold Monster 1000!

The shaft design is unique in that it breaks down into three sections allowing you to put the entire detector in a small backpack to get to those remote and productive sites. A unique clevis piece that allows you to use an alternative shaft if desired (or even a branch if your shaft breaks in the back country), you will not have any downtime.

Powered by a rechargeable battery pack, the Gold Monster 1000 comes with a wall charger as well as a clip that can be attached to a battery for charging in the field . . . another Minelab first.

And as the famous TV commercials said . . . . .

The Gold Monster 1000 comes with two search coils . . . . a 10”x6” elliptical Double-D and a smaller 5” round Double-D for tight spaces.

OK, so what is the price on this new Minelab detector?

Hopefully you are sitting down because the entire package with the two coils, innovative charging system and pocket guide sells for . . . .

$799 shipped (in the U.S.)

The Gold Monster 1000 will be in high demand worldwide and each region will receive equal shipments which means back orders for those that want to get out with it first will exist.

Minelab is expecting to have them shipping by April 2017.

Click here to see a short video that Minelab produced showing the actual detector in operation. Stop the video at points where they show the closeup of the detector to see the entire package.

Treasure Hunting Outfitters does have some of the first units reserved and is taking names to reserve yours now so you will the first to have this amazing new detector to find what others have missed.

Email us to reserve yours today sales@treasurehuntingoutfitters.com

Andy & Charlene Sabisch
Treasure Hunting Outfitters
http://www.TreasureHuntingOutfitters.com

Findmall Sponsor

Carrying XP, Minelab, Garrett, Fisher, Teknetics, DetectorPro, Whites, Nokta and Makro detectors as well as detecting / prospecting accessories

"Service and support before and more importantly, after the sale"

Re: Minelab Unveils a New Gold Detector . . . . and you won't believe the price!
Posted by: amberjack
Date: February 10, 2017 05:59PM
so a threshold based AM detector as the only search mode?

AJ

Re: Minelab Unveils a New Gold Detector . . . . and you won't believe the price!
Date: February 10, 2017 08:41PM
NO, there is an FE-REJECT touchpad in the center to reject iron. There is also a bar across the top that shows ferrous / gold probability to aid in determining to dig or not

Posted by: MattBullSummerville
Date: February 10, 2017 11:21PM
Diffenitely got my interest Andy, can't wait to see some field tests.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: February 11, 2017 02:45AM
Andy Sabisch
NO, there is an FE-REJECT touchpad in the center to reject iron. There is also a bar across the top that shows ferrous / gold probability to aid in determining to dig or not

Great thanks for that , sounds good :biggrin: so are they saying it can modulate its own freq as per the graph without user input ? if so would that be ground mineral content based or similar ? I know there isn't much info on this detector but it does sound nice so far for nugget hunting maybe even a park if so inclined.

thanks again!!

AJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2017 02:47AM by amberjack.

Posted by: DolanDave
Date: February 11, 2017 09:40AM
Im glad they put a hot rock discriminator on it .... :clapping: :clap: :razz:

Posted by: Jackpine Savage
Date: February 13, 2017 04:02AM
Andy

When you turn the sensitivity (is it a gain control?) down will it retain good depth on larger gold like a mens band? Perhaps eliminating tiny foil bits?
You know where I'm gong with this.

Thanks Tom

Save the Concentrics

Minelab Advantage, G2, Omega 8500, X-Terra 705, F75 DST and a Fisher ID Edge

Posted by: MattBullSummerville
Date: February 15, 2017 08:04PM
I was thinking the same thing Jackpine. Could be very useful for more than just prospecting.

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: February 18, 2017 05:02AM
Sounds good for Gold nugget hunters . Again !
But what about us coin and relic hunters ?
The design looks alright ?? but could we have a similar machine with a number display for normal land and beach hunting ? at around 8 to 10 khts .

The Terra needs a replacement with something more up to date and better water resistance too.

Sorry to hijack but need a Terra replacement and wont buy other makes for what i do.

They could call the beach machine Sea Monster or Nessie for short.

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2017 05:04AM by Nuke em.

I wonder, as simple as this detector is, is it a derivitive of something more hi-end multi-purpose?
Posted by: vlad
Date: February 22, 2017 07:25AM
Give it up Andy! :lol: :detecting:

Re: I wonder, as simple as this detector is, is it a derivitive of something more hi-end multi-purpose?
Posted by: Nuke em
Date: February 22, 2017 04:08PM
vlad
Give it up Andy! :lol: :detecting:

Well i hope it is . As long as its to replace the Terra then i will be happy .

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Date: February 22, 2017 06:39PM
That would be an application for it . . . still should get decent depth but not kill you on the tiny stuff

Posted by: goldrat
Date: February 23, 2017 01:15AM
Andy Sabisch
That would be an application for it . . . still should get decent depth but not kill you on the tiny stuff

Andy ,
Targeting the African market , I just hope it may handle Australian mineralization .

Cheers

goldrat

Date: February 23, 2017 05:43AM
Minelab tested it throughout Australia and reported positive results when they unveiled it at the conference in January

Andy

Posted by: goldrat
Date: February 23, 2017 04:52PM
Thanks Andy for your info . Incidentally I purchased your CTX3030 manual and it has helped immensely .

Cheers
goldrat

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login