Findmall.com

The "Prospecting" Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Garrett GTI 2500 and gold
Posted by: landman
Date: March 21, 2008 07:09PM
Has anyone ever or ever heard of anyone looking for gold with a Garrett GTI2500?

Re: Garrett GTI 2500 and gold
Posted by: bearkat4160
Date: March 21, 2008 07:39PM
I have answered your question in the Garrett forum, but if you miss it....I hunt for Gold nugs with the GTI 2500 in Georgia, and have found two nugs, 7.2 grams and a 0.3 gram nug. I also have found down to 0.1 gram piece of lead. That is the smallest item I have found with it. If you want to find smaller nugs than 0.1 gram you need a higher frequency detector...Goldbug, GMT, Scorpion, Lobo ST, X-terra, etc... But the GTI 2500 is Hot on Nickle's is why it is good for prospecting and basically a good all round detector.

Also the factory preset frequency is 7.2khz, But is adjustable and I run it on its highest setting which is closer to 8khz, which makes it just a tad more sensitive to low-conductive metals.

Most prospector only detectorist, get a Gold only detector. But for me, my budget wont allow now so I like my all rounder GTI 2500 machine. If I got another detector it will be a PI detector. Infinium or the new Whites PI.

Good luck, HH
Alan(Ga)

Got it and Thank you!N/T
Posted by: landman
Date: March 21, 2008 08:44PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: JACKHAMMER
Date: March 22, 2008 08:55PM
UM..."a gold only detector'....ILL BUY ONE where are they who sells em

jh

You know what I mean Jackhammer nut:poke:N/T
Date: March 23, 2008 02:06AM

Look at the Garrett forum! Replied there:detecting:N/T
Posted by: Eu_citzen
Date: March 24, 2008 02:04PM

Posted by: B.T
Date: April 02, 2008 08:49PM
Yeah I tried one actually and it failed miserably. Dont even think about it.

Date: April 07, 2008 01:45PM
B.T Sorry I can't agree I did "well" with mine according to the conditions I have.( medium to high mineralization and most gold under 5 mm) I used it to accompany my highbanker and it "found" me some hot spots.:blowup:

Yes EU, I find HOT Spots with mine also to pan or sluice....great all round machine!:garrett:N/T
Date: April 07, 2008 09:03PM

Date: April 07, 2008 09:52PM
Sorry to offend, wasnt intended that way. Just that I had a go on one over here in Oz around Dunolly and you couldnt use it anywhere. I suppose the mineralisation where you are must be tamer than here and I guess me saying it was a dog, which it was here honestly, could be misleading. So, for Oz its thumbs down, but elsewhere sounds like a goer.

Date: April 08, 2008 10:44AM
Yes the greatest trouble where I pan is hematite nuggets some over 2 pounds in weight!
The standard size of gold there is approx 2-3 mm in size with rare occasions of bigger gold. which also is bad BUT it does "collect" in pockets thus it can seem like a bigger target all metal mode is needed and threshold level variations should be investigated.

Hey B.T. They have a new Mineralization chip in it now, requested by the Aussies, ....
Date: April 08, 2008 11:02PM
It has been in it now for over a year now and will operate much better in your hotter than hell ground there. Just a note for you. HH, Alan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2008 11:05PM by bearkat4160.

Re: Hey B.T. They have a new Mineralization chip in it now, requested by the Aussies, ....
Date: April 13, 2008 07:10PM
Fair enough, that explains a lot. It really was a dog over here but maybe now with the chip it could be ok. Thanks.

Posted by: littlebigman
Date: July 23, 2008 04:47PM
I use my Bounty Hunter to find hot spots for prospecting instead of my first GTI 2500,it was a major pile of trash, this is the second one that Garret sent me and it is a piece of crap too.
none of them worked at all, so now Garret s going to send me a third GTI 2500 what quality!!! when I think of junk detectors Garret is at the top of my list, I also have a minelab eureka gold , but I like the disc circutry of the BH .
After spending a ton of money on my GTI 2500 plus 4 coils and to have two of them bad in a row that is bad quality control and a bad product.I am an electronics Tech with 26 years of experience, Garret is doing a really bad job of building metal detectors!!! just ordered a fisher, Garret can kiss my ass!!!

Posted by: king-ghidorah
Date: August 06, 2008 11:23PM
littlebigman
I use my Bounty Hunter to find hot spots for prospecting instead of my first GTI 2500,it was a major pile of trash, this is the second one that Garret sent me and it is a piece of crap too.
none of them worked at all, so now Garret s going to send me a third GTI 2500 what quality!!! when I think of junk detectors Garret is at the top of my list, I also have a minelab eureka gold , but I like the disc circutry of the BH .
After spending a ton of money on my GTI 2500 plus 4 coils and to have two of them bad in a row that is bad quality control and a bad product.I am an electronics Tech with 26 years of experience, Garret is doing a really bad job of building metal detectors!!! just ordered a fisher, Garret can kiss my ass!!!

HeeHee :clap:

king-ghidorah
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The laughing Vulcan and his Dog?" "I'm afraid I don't know that one."

:minelab: SE & DetectorPro Pistol Probe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login