Findmall.com

Whites DFX Users Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
DFX Serial number
Posted by: jedihep
Date: November 27, 2009 03:55PM
Isn't there some way to tell the true age (manufacture date) of a DFX by it's serial number, and if so how do you read/decode it? I've been a DFX user since 2003 and have loved every minute of it. The DFX has been an awesome machine and when I eventually upgrade I don't think that I'll get rid of my unit but keep it as "Ole Bess" the back up. My father has expressed a desire to get a metal detector, hence I'm looking to buy a used DFX for his retirement as a present for him. I don't want to spend a lot, thus used, because I don't know how much he'll enjoy it until he spends some time at it. The DFX has served me well and with getting him the same unit I'll be able to assist him with the learning curve to get the most out of his machine, performance wise and he'll also be able to use my extra coils, getting him the most value for the dollar! I've enjoyed every hunt since picking up detecting as a hobby 6 years ago and now hopefully if everything goes well I'll get to share that enjoyment with my father!

Re: DFX Serial number
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: November 27, 2009 04:58PM
What a great idea for your Dad's retirement I forgot how to read the serial number, but it seems like the first two #'s is the year and the next three is the day of the year............:shrug:

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i, :whites: Pro XL :tesoro: Cibola/modified

Posted by: Gene
Date: December 02, 2009 08:27AM
Here is what I have been told...
1st digit = year of manufacture
next 3 = day of that year
middle set of numbers = model number
last set = actual order the detector was made that day

Good hunting to you !

Gene

Posted by: jedihep
Date: December 05, 2009 12:17PM
Thanks Larry and Gene for your help! I knew that there was a way to tell from the serial no. and that someone here would know the answer! Now I just need to find the detector!

Good hunting to you all!

Jedihep

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login