Findmall.com

Whites DFX Users Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Help with SEF 10x12
Posted by: ab1
Date: December 20, 2010 11:38AM
I have a Whites DFX, I just purchased a new 10x12 SEF coil. I went out today a gave it a try. It is certainly a lot different than my other coils.

BTW i only use the relic program.

First issue: It was unable to ground balance after about 1 hr of use and kept going back to the preset program. All I did was bump the pregain to 3 and the AC to 68.

Second Issue: PINPOINTING!! Either I am way off or the coil is off. Any ideas on helping me pinpoint better?

And finally- Could you point me to any custom relic programs that might help or advise on some adjustments to the current relic program?

Mike

Re: Help with SEF 10x12
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: December 20, 2010 09:26PM
Do you mean it kept going back to the preset GB instead of program. If so, you were hunting in ground that was very low in minerals and it could not find enough mineralization to GB.

The SEF takes a little getting use to, make sure your VCO is on and place a coin on the ground and see where it is centering at.

No help with the custom relic, but I used Larry's program with the 10X12 SEF and did very well with it.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i

Posted by: teedub
Date: December 24, 2010 10:01PM
It can be hard to pinpoint in relic mode unless as Larry said ''VCO is on''.
As far as pinpointing with the SEF, I always back off the target and move back up
to it, my coil always pinpoints right at the top, then i center it in the middle.
Target is almost always right in front of the coil. It can be tough to pinpoint small
targets if your DC is set too high sometimes.

Posted by: ab1
Date: December 27, 2010 11:53PM
I am slowly getting the hang of it. My first target was a .22 cal shell, should of seen how big of a hole i dug! :surprised:

Posted by: rrjwright
Date: February 12, 2011 02:22AM
Don't know if you have mastered pinpointing yet with all the snow... but I found all my Excelerators pinpoint right underneth the connecting bolt.

Hope this helps....

Posted by: kyledfx
Date: March 26, 2011 08:18AM
most of the time pinpoint is dead center but sometimes deeper or real shallow targets will pinpoint funny, take time and circle target, also a pinpointer before you dig can help on shallow .22 s and such

Posted by: floridadfx
Date: March 27, 2011 12:59PM
Try about 2 inches in front of the connecting bolt, and use VCO. Works great for me.

Posted by: jeffegg2
Date: June 20, 2011 02:30PM
Drop a coin on the ground, and watch where it pinpoints......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login