Findmall.com

Whites DFX Users Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
SEF 10 x 12...Anyone using it???
Posted by: grover868
Date: June 15, 2011 10:54PM
I finally got my DFX today, and took it for a walk at one of my local parks. The only programs I used today were the stock Coins, Coins & Jewelry, and Jewelry/Beach. I wasn't so much interested in finding silver today as I was mostly listening and trying to remember VDI #'s. The clad I did find today, I noticed was fairly shallow. Being an SE Pro owner and using the SEF 10 x 12, I am used to digging deeper holes. Who is using the 10 x 12, and how does it behave with the DFX? Do you find you get more depth than the 950 stock coil I have? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Chris

Re: SEF 10 x 12...Anyone using it???
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: June 16, 2011 06:15AM
If you are in very mineralized ground the DD/SEF will have an advantage over the 950. I used the EQ 10" DD and then the 10X12 on the DFX for many years with great results. If you are looking for depth, it is not so much in the coil as it is in getting the DFX set up for your ground. Up in the stickies is the settings that I used and did well with it, Larry's Program. The stock programs are very lame and the Gain and AC needs to be turn up for sure.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i

Posted by: TIM CLARK
Date: June 19, 2011 12:00PM
I am using the 10x12 sef coil for about 6 week now I am finding good deep coins .I am using Larry Program with that coil it is killer.:twodetecting::whites::cheers:

Posted by: grover868
Date: June 19, 2011 06:44PM
I agree with Larry that the stock programs are kind of lame, but i am using them to become familiar with the DFX. I have turned up the AC & Gain as per Larry's suggestion, and liked the results. Today, was the first time I used Larry's program, it was a bit hot for my area, so did a little tweaking, and had a great day. Nothing to write home to mom about, but I was pleased with my results. I am planning on a longer hunt tomorrow with Larry's program.

I think as we all know, Kellyco has a sale going on right now on their SEF coils. I have their 10 x 12 for my Minelab, and it is my go-to coil. I was curios how it works on the DFX. Thank you Tim for your comments and will get one for the White's. Chris

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login