Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Whites DFX Users Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
someone help
Posted by: tsmith
Date: December 06, 2011 12:43PM
I am a newbie. I have been using Larry's program in some local parks and school yards in correlate with no problems and love it. I now have some old home sites that I am going to try and get a Little more depth but if I run in best data the detector is really chattery. It really gets chattery when I lay it down to dig. My question is do I need to try and quiet it down a little or is this normal ? and if I do where should I start I have dropped the pre amp and didn't notice much difference if any.I mainly use the stock 9.5 coil. I do use a 4x6 in really trashy areas.

thanks
terry

Re: someone help
Posted by: TIM CLARK
Date: December 06, 2011 02:04PM
I alway run in correlate in all the sites that I hunt in and it does really good. :twodetecting::whites::cheers: I am running the 10inDD and the 10x12 sef coils.

Minelab CTX3030 / Excalibur ll / Whites V3i-DFX-XLT-Beach Hunter 300 -Surf PI Pro / Lesche Sasmpson T handel Digging Shovel / DX-1 / XL-1 and Bulleye II probes / Garrett Pro pointer / Whites wireless hp / Sun Ray Pro Gold hp / Rattler hp / Macally wireless hp Have been detecting sent 2005 mainly hunting for old coins.
Live in Richmond Indiana.
Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/trc4872

Posted by: BHNugget
Date: December 06, 2011 05:13PM
When you set your machine down to dig, just push the menu button prior to setting it down.Then just pull the trigger when your ready to go again. Im with Tim, after running correlate, its what I run the majority of the time. More depth is really going to boil down to higher sensitivities, coil selection for your ground along with recovery speed,filter selection,sweep speed and your actual physical sweep speed, all to match your ground.

Western SD
E-Trac,X-1
Sovereign GT,S-1
Ace 250

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: December 06, 2011 08:49PM
I used Correlate most of the time too and as stated in my program, I used Best Data only in very clean ground. You might try lowering the Gain to 3 and see if that helps with the chatter..... you might have to lower the AC some too. If all else fails, the menu button works.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i

Posted by: tsmith
Date: December 07, 2011 06:07AM
I like the menu I idea. I will play with it over the weekend. I will probably just stay in correlate if that is what most of you guys do.I really like it better anyway.

thanks
terry

Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: December 14, 2011 04:18PM
Might try locking your ground balance. Locking ground balance makes it more stable.

HH
Mike

Fisher F5
Teknetics EuroTek Pro
Fisher CZ 5 Quicksilver
Whites Sierra Gold Trac
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Golden Sabre II

Posted by: mgtmadness
Date: January 01, 2012 07:31PM
if the weather is alright tomorrow i may have to try larrys program.

Own- White's XLT,V3i,MXT Pro,Beach Hunter 300, coinmaster.