Findmall.com

Whites DFX Users Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Digging deeper with the DFX
Posted by: Flintstone
Date: November 05, 2014 09:11AM
Dose anyone know where i can get the book? I think it might help me with the DFX. Thanks Flintstone

Re: Digging deeper with the DFX
Posted by: Spero
Date: November 05, 2014 11:14AM
Jeff Foster has his own site. Do a search using the title. Digging Deeper With the DFX. It will help you understand the dfx and explain how and why you change different settings and what that change does. A lot of the guys call it the dfx bible.He also has a few programs he developed for the dfx in the back. It will take a couple reading to understand what he tells you in the book. As you go along in the book, you'll take your dfx and book outside and read, then try what settings he tells you to change and see what it does. Every time you read it, you'll find something you missed the first time. It's a learning experience.

Posted by: Flintstone
Date: November 06, 2014 07:00AM
Thanks Spero, I will look that up.

Posted by: Spero
Date: November 06, 2014 07:59PM
Your welcome. Jeff Foster posts on I think , DFX ONLY forums occasionally and answers some questions.

Posted by: plugcut
Date: January 13, 2015 11:39AM
Thanks for info Spero. I have the book and it has definitely increase my finds and better understand the DFX. Looking forward to checking out the website.

Posted by: Patriot 1776
Date: January 29, 2015 01:33PM
The DFX is a great machine I am able to tell a clad dime from silver as well as a quarter, I am testing all brands of Metal Detectors.
The bottom line , no mater what detector your using experience and time will produce success

MetalDetectors.com
Rockland, Massachusetts
call me :866-749-9506
www.metaldetectors.com

Posted by: pescadore
Date: February 19, 2015 08:13AM
I bought mine off Amazon.

Whites Treasure Pro, Oldest coin 1700's Chinese coin, Oldest US Coins 1853 Seated Liberty Quarter, 1876 CC Seated Liberty Dime,1892 Barber Quarter, Dime and V nickel
www.youtube.com/user.pescadoremetaldetect, www.facebook.com/pescadoremetaldetecting

Posted by: Mega
Date: February 19, 2015 08:18AM
I bought mine off Ebay years ago,must admit dont read it much,found it hard going,i just use one prog based on the relic mode and modified it to my sites over here in the UK,it does proviode alot of information no question about that but too technical for me.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Date: February 20, 2015 09:44AM
Flintstone
Dose anyone know where i can get the book? I think it might help me with the DFX. Thanks Flintstone

I have been using my DFX for a long time, great machine, I feel the DFX is very user friendly , not a challenge like the Whites V3i
I hunt coin and jewelry mode.. I use the pre set factory mode. just start swinging , get close to EMI go to sensitivity turn it down , all set.
check out my picture finds. I can also tell if I have a silver coin compared to a clad,, not sure if anybody else has a detector their using that can do that , let me know
thanks

Also, you should have no problem downloading a manual on the internet

MetalDetectors.com
Rockland, Massachusetts
www.metaldetectors.com

Posted by: pinpointer999
Date: February 25, 2017 03:12PM
Mega
I bought mine off Ebay years ago,must admit dont read it much,found it hard going,i just use one prog based on the relic mode and modified it to my sites over here in the UK,it does proviode alot of information no question about that but too technical for me.

If you want to sell the book to me please let me know.

Posted by: Mega
Date: February 26, 2017 08:28PM
pinpointer999
Mega

If you want to sell the book to me please let me know.

Sorry but i will be keeping the book,although i dont use it,its always handy too keep just incase,only detecting relted item that i have sold is a Troy X5 that i sold 10 years ago and as luck would have it basically got the same price as i paid new for it,at the time it was a very expensive purchase here in the UK,still have the DFX and all the coil although i dont use it these days as my main detector.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Date: February 27, 2017 10:09AM
DFX with D-D coil / Tree coin

http://www.metaldetectors.com/blog/what-a-find-1652-pine-tree-shilling

MetalDetectors.com
Rockland, Massachusetts
www.metaldetectors.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login