Findmall.com

Whites DFX Users Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
MXT Clone (Program for DFX)
Posted by: vito
Date: October 03, 2015 08:58AM
The MXT IS the detector of choice for me, hands down.
After tweaking the DFX I tink this prog is very close to the MXT.
Some of the adjustments can be done to your personal preference like tone, volume, disc etc.
It will run the eclipse 950 stock coil and the Eclipse 6x10 DD.

Happy Tweaking...

Re: MXT Clone (Program for DFX)
Posted by: Mega
Date: October 03, 2015 10:54AM
Have never used a MXT for any great length of time,the main reason i have used the DFX for 10+ years is the fact that i can drop the freq down to 3Khz for really deep work with a large 18'' coil and also us the dual freq when on wet sand,the MXT does not offer these option,i will agree that most of the time i do run it in 15Khz but i find it useful to have the various freq options.

Of course its all down to personal choice.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: coinjumper
Date: June 28, 2016 03:03PM
I'll be trying this one out

Posted by: airscapes
Date: June 28, 2016 03:49PM
Nothing special about that config, in fact the DC setting of 35 is way too low.. Mixed mode is on, so you are using the non motion channel and having the motion channel at 70, you are not really doing mixed mode justice with a DC of 35. A DC of 35 won't be able to pinpoint the targets that the motion mode finds if they are deep.

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Posted by: Albert
Date: June 28, 2016 07:57PM
So what would be your settings to better mimics the mxt?

Posted by: airscapes
Date: June 28, 2016 10:16PM
If I wanted to use an MXT I would buy an MXT... If those settings work well for you use them, my point was if you want the machine deep using mixed mode then DC needs to be higher.. if you don't want it to run deep then turn down the AC so you can pinpoint what you find..
It is all site specific anyway, on a school grounds that has nothing but clad, that config would be way way way to hot in my area.. hell EMI would require an AC of 55- 60 .. Mixed mode in thrash is like fire crackers on 7/4.. The power of the DFX is the fact it will work just about anywhere, if you know how to configure it for your current conditions.. and you have many options for your personal tastes..
"Programs" that other people post are really meaningless if you are not in that same site.. other than of course the personal preference stuff which has nothing to do with actual performance..
Me, I run mine in most park areas on 15kHz only, Tone ID ON, accept -88 > +95 and use my ear to discriminate..

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login