Findmall.com

Whites DFX Users Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Anyone use the new 12" ultimate coil on the DFX
Posted by: jtalley007
Date: January 02, 2016 06:43PM
Just curious if anyone has used the coil Whites includes in the MXT pack, looks like a nice coil?

Jerry

Re: Anyone use the new 12" ultimate coil on the DFX
Posted by: RLOH
Date: January 02, 2016 09:25PM
Jerry, if you mean the 13 inch Ultimate, I have used that coil on the DFX. It is very light for it's size and surprisingly sharp in medium trash. It seemed to be deeper than the stock 9.5 inch concentric by about 1.5 inches, but nothing scientific to back that up. I used this exact coil on a MX5 and DFX and it worked much better on the DFX with better stability. I use a SEF 10x12 now and prefer it over the 13 inch Ultimate. I bought mine from Kellyco before Whites started selling them. My only complaint was the white color.

Posted by: airscapes
Date: January 02, 2016 09:39PM
If you are talking about the Ultimate 13, it is a great coil for large areas with no-medium trash. It does not do well in the woods or fields with stubble of any kind. I have 2 DFXs, one with a 6x10 on it and the other has the U13. Bag has the 950s. 6" and 4x6 but they very rarely find their why to a machine. Recently the U13 has been the only coil/machine used to clean up the quarters at a local middle school.

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2016 09:40PM by airscapes.

Posted by: JaBo
Date: January 26, 2016 10:45AM
I have used the 13" ultimate coil, mostly on the beach. It covers a lot of ground, is lightweight and seems pretty deep. Still kind of leaning towards the 6X10, but will test the two on the same beach next trip and see how they compare.

Posted by: sasquache
Date: December 15, 2016 04:31AM
I Agree RLOH the 10 x 12 excellorater coil is the way to go on my DFX 300

Posted by: sasquache
Date: January 05, 2017 04:44AM
This spring I will give the white 12 concentric a try on my DFX 300 not fond of it but it is a deep seeker they say.

Posted by: airscapes
Date: January 05, 2017 02:36PM
Never heard anything good about that coil.. have one that came with a used machine and it was shot, would not GB non stop noise and very heavy.. red lots of bad stuff about the 12 concentric. The U13 is very light and probably a better buy if you don't already own the 12"

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login