Findmall.com

Whites DFX Users Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Any Suggestions ? DFX - Gold & Aluminum Foil
Posted by: tommyboy1
Date: July 07, 2016 08:33AM
I was hunting in a large meadow last night within a public park where there was a tremendous amount of aluminum foil. I know that the DFX is a very sophisticated detector and probably has capability to help the user discriminate. It seems as though gold and aluminum foil read the same in regards to VDI numbers and the bar graph. You would have to have a very good ear to distinguish the sound of gold from the sound of aluminum foil. It got to the point where I just ignored all "aluminum foil" sounding signals and only dug coin sounding signals (had Tone ID on).

Any ideas or tricks to honing into the gold? There is a lot less frustration using the DFX on beaches to find gold than in a public park.

Thanks for your help ☺

Tom

Unfortunately ignoring foil and aluminum lessons your chances of getting gold dramatically
Posted by: therover
Date: July 07, 2016 10:53AM
No easy way around it...in order to get gold, you have to dig a lot of foil and aluminum trash. You can 'hone in' on gold targets with the same composition as a nickel, or try to dig targets within a certain range, but your chances to get gold are much greater if you dig everything above small iron.

Re: Any Suggestions ? DFX - Gold & Aluminum Foil
Posted by: airscapes
Date: July 09, 2016 06:53AM
Best advice given by those who know is don't hunt gold where people eat...
If you want to have some chance at gold, dig the nickles, at least they are worth 5 cents! Or dedicate x number of minutes to gold and go back to coin so you don't get frustrated.

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Posted by: wasp
Date: July 10, 2016 03:38PM
tommyboy1, If you can get a copy of Clive J Clynick's book DFX Gold Methods you might find some of his gold detecting tips useful to your style of hunting.

Only two of the gold rings I have found VDI'd as nickels.

Most of the men's bands were in the pull tab range of 30 to 49 VDI. Most ladies were in the foil range of 10 to 16 VDI but very solid signals, unlike most foil.

Good luck :thumbup:

White's MX Sport w/stock 10" coil, 13" Ultimate, 950 Sport, 6x10 Sport, 7" Detech
White's V3i w/Super 12, D2, Eclipse 950, Eclipse DD, Eclipse 5.3, 4x6 Shooter, SEF 10x12 (white), SEF 6x8
White's DFX w/D2, Eclipse 950, SEF 10x12 (black), Sun Ray DX-1
Bounty Hunter Platinum w/stock coil
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger - 10", 8", 4" coils
Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche diggers
White's TRX

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2016 03:39PM by wasp.

Posted by: airscapes
Date: July 11, 2016 03:14PM
Also, run 15kHz only with normalization off so you get better resolution between foil and pull tabs.. Clive runs this way..

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login