Findmall.com

Whites DFX Users Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Just dont use my DFX anymore !!
Posted by: Mega
Date: September 15, 2016 03:41AM
Have finally come too the conclusion that i just dont use my DFX anymore,have had my machine for many along year infact mine has a build date of 2001 and one of the 1st batch into the UK,its served me well with 1000s of hours on the clock and found me some lovely artifacts and gold coins,but i guess times have moved on and having too admit i just use other machines instead.

I am guessing the main reason for finally using it as a door stop is that for a everyday machine i use machines that are so much lighter and just suit my sites and my detecting style so much better,i wont ever part with my DFX as not only would i not get much for it but also it has brought me many happy detecting memories.I still have my favourite all time coil connected the 'Hotshot' one,its such a nice light coil and does have surprisingly good depth over anything that Whites ever offered,well thats my opinion anyway.

So the final resting place for this legend of a detector is that its hanging from the ceiling from my detecting man cave so that i can recall all the happy years that we have been hunting together and all the happy memories.

Its nice too take a trip down the detecting memory lane :rofl:

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Re: Just dont use my DFX anymore !!
Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: September 17, 2016 01:26PM
Howdy Mega--

Like you, I have had a DFX since they were first released and moved on to another detector. In my case it's the V3i that I swing the most. However, I could not part with my trusty old DFX - it's just too good of a detector and I still take it out for a spin every now and then. The V is a bit heavier and doesn't have the balance of the DFX but with the swingy thingy either detector only weighs an ounce regardless of what coil I use. Mega, keep digging that good stuff! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: GA1dad
Date: October 25, 2016 12:39PM
Interesting,, I have an MXT that seems to have been relocated as a corner keeper too. As you stated,,, a newer machine has proven to be more ergonomic and much lighter. I do look at it often thought and think about swinging it,, but alas I grab the lighter machine every time.

Posted by: DFXDon
Date: November 05, 2016 05:15PM
I have had three or four DFX's over the years and just love them I now have the V3i and I have had three of them too in fact my 1st one was a Vision I than bought a AT pro for a back up and just sold that yesterday and bought another DFX the main reason is I have all of the coils for the V3i and the battery packs too now I can use them on both detectors instead of having different coils and battery's for both. I think this will work out much better.
Don

Central Minnesota
Detectors used, Whites Vision With V3i upgrade, Two V3i's,& VX3, Several DFXs, Whites TRX Pin pointer ,Sun Ray DX1 probe, GMT, conquistador, Garrett 2500, Ace250,Several ATPro's with all of the factory coils, ATMax ,Sea Hunter,Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Mine Lab E-TRAC, Explorer,70,& Two 705s with all the Mine Lab 705 coils with lower rods and coil bolts,all the whites V rated coils for the V3i, You have reached the end of the trail, the buck stops here.

Posted by: wingryder
Date: December 11, 2016 11:49AM
I am a new owner of my first DFX. I zero in on my new favorite site to learn more about this old but very much loved machine and I see this.

.. avatar
Just dont use my DFX anymore !!

Ok yes my many hobbies and very unlike "Trump" bank account means I will always be behind the curve on the Latest Detectors on the scene.
So you have moved on.. Great I have not and from the activity on this forum many others have not as well.

It seems very strange to make that statement in this particular forum.

Just me

Wingryder

Posted by: airscapes
Date: December 13, 2016 06:58PM
He is from England.. hunts in roman sites that are 1000s of years old..
You have a great machine. don't worry about it, more than enough for most sites. Get hold of the book digging deeper with the dfx it is the defector reference and technical guide.
Good luck and enjoy..

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2016 07:06PM by airscapes.

Posted by: Spero
Date: December 14, 2016 09:33AM
If you need the manual, you can download it at the Whites site.

Posted by: sasquache
Date: December 15, 2016 04:27AM
I own my second DFX and after going through about every top brand because I had to just try them thinking I needed the best well guess what WRONG I started with the DFX and now I'm back to a Whites DFX and i have the best lol and I couldn't be happier finding silver at depth and rings and I can adjust to where I hunt. Very happy Whites DFX user.

Posted by: Southwind
Date: December 15, 2016 08:31AM
I will always have a DFX in my group until the day it goes on the wall.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login