Findmall.com

Whites DFX Users Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
DFX 300 question
Posted by: sasquache
Date: November 07, 2016 04:56AM
Has anyone experienced there DFX shutting off when setting detector down when digging I'm thinking it is the AA battery holder any ideas?

Re: DFX 300 question
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: November 07, 2016 07:56AM
Sometimes the weight of the battery pack will bend down the battery contact tabs over time and I have had to bend them up a little. Also cleaning the tabs and contacts on the battery is a good idea due to oxidation if the unit has been sitting unused for a while.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Date: November 07, 2016 08:21AM
Thank you Larry for the advice I will try a rechargeable pack first then check on your seggestions.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: November 07, 2016 11:59AM
Another fix I have heard of is to add a piece of cardboard or foam between the battery and the battery door to hold the battery firmly against the tabs, but lifting the tabs up slightly worked for me.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: vito
Date: November 07, 2016 12:25PM
I do not know if you have the auto turn-off feature in mind.
It is mentioned in the DFX Spectrum & DFX 300 instruction manual. (pg. 3 / 11. )
There is written the DFX will shut down automatically if no buttons or the trigger is not used for 10-15 minutes.
Just wanted to mention...

Date: November 07, 2016 01:54PM
Thank you Vito for the info.

Posted by: airscapes
Date: November 08, 2016 04:03PM
battery terminals have bent down from slamming in the battery. OR if you are using AA pack I have seen the tabs bet bent leaving the batteries loose in there.. either way it is a connection issue and very fixable.
Best way is to disassemble the box and bend the tabs back toward the door evenly (both the same amount) which is hard to do with a hooked coat hanger through the battery door with it all assembled.
As has been suggested adding something to the top of the back so when the door is closed it forces the battery down.. there should be push back when the door is closed if not this is your problem.
Good luck

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2016 04:05PM by airscapes.

Date: November 09, 2016 06:27PM
Hello everyone I put the rechargeable battery pack in and problem seemed to go away so must be the AA battery pack. Thank you for all your help.

Date: November 10, 2016 10:21PM
just bend all the contacts in the back towards each other so the batteries can't move when inserted..

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Date: November 10, 2016 10:22PM
just bend all the contacts in the pack towards each other so the batteries can't move when inserted..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login