Findmall.com

Minelab Safari/Quattro Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Anticipation can lead to frustation part 2
Posted by: Sanderling
Date: January 02, 2016 12:39PM
To those of you interested in my last venture at this site and had encouraged me to return, I was able to get back there New Years Day with James (James Bondaka) seen on the left and Mark (Scrounger) on the right who were both visiting from out of state. We spent four hours at the site and Mark found the most interesting things with his Etrac and James found the most coins with his CTX 3030. Scounger found a lantern wick base dated 1883 and a cool arrowhead shaped fob from New Mexico. James found about $2.00 in coins, a star pendant, part of a toy car, and a triangle shaped earring. My finds? Two new friends. You guys were right, there was a lot more out there. James said that his 3030 detected a lot more coins that were deep and that he did not dig due to the limited time we had. We all had a good time and it was fun detecting with a couple of guys that knew what they are doing.

Re: Anticipation can lead to frustation part 2
Posted by: trezurhunter
Date: January 02, 2016 06:52PM
It looks like a really cool old homestead.

Posted by: KinTN
Date: January 02, 2016 09:05PM
You know, I know that the 'others' are out there, but I have yet to stop and talk to a detectorist in person that wasn't a nice person.
Good Hunt!

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: JamesBondaka
Date: January 02, 2016 10:10PM
Thank you for taking us Mike! It was a very nice day., and you we're very hospitable!. More on that later.

Just one note,, I wish you were as good taking my pic as you are with using your detector!

Thanks again, my friend!

................................*.................In Oregon, I will find a million dollars, one penny at a time!............Viva la diggo.................*.........................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If the hobby of metal detecting made perfect sense...everyone would do it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3i ExpSe Xlt F75 Umax Dfx Mxt Gmt Ace ETrac 505 Gold & Coinmaster Deleon Mpx Prizm II Cz5/3D Goldengate 3D BH300 Ctx Jeohunter Tm-808

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2016 10:15PM by JamesBondaka.

Posted by: kschae4
Date: January 02, 2016 10:17PM
Nice to see new friendships made. Sorry the hunt didnt produce any keeper finds for you, but at least your area has warmth and Spanish Moss. Hope you get to hit that sidewalk strip...

Minelab Safari/BH Land Star/ Garrett Pro-Pointer
"Cause down the shore everything's all right"
Oldest identifiable coin- 1775 King George lll half penny
Most bizarre find: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?3,1835200,1835200#msg-1835200

Posted by: scrounger
Date: January 03, 2016 06:18PM
Thanks mike! (Sanderling) you were a great host! Nice meeting
James as well . what a great start to 2016. The arrow shaped
Fob is marked bell trading post Albuquerque nm. Anyone ever hear of it ? I feel site has potential

Posted by: JamesBondaka
Date: January 03, 2016 07:34PM
I agree there is more there to find for the ....3
Detectorados! :detecting::detecting::detecting:

................................*.................In Oregon, I will find a million dollars, one penny at a time!............Viva la diggo.................*.........................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If the hobby of metal detecting made perfect sense...everyone would do it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3i ExpSe Xlt F75 Umax Dfx Mxt Gmt Ace ETrac 505 Gold & Coinmaster Deleon Mpx Prizm II Cz5/3D Goldengate 3D BH300 Ctx Jeohunter Tm-808

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2016 07:35PM by JamesBondaka.

Date: January 04, 2016 08:55AM
Well we will see if we can get back there again before you two detectorados ride off into the sunset.

Posted by: Goldstrike
Date: January 04, 2016 10:03AM
It's a pity James didn't dig the deeper coins (old silver's and maybe a gold?) he detected because they would have been keeper's for sure! It looked like a great hunt and I'm sure made some good memories for all of you!!

Date: January 04, 2016 10:25AM
Goldstrike
It's a pity James didn't dig the deeper coins (old silver's and maybe a gold?) he detected because they would have been keeper's for sure! It looked like a great hunt and I'm sure made some good memories for all of you!!

Hey there Goldstrike. James could not bring all the digging equipment that he needed and I lent him my small Udigit that I used for years. The ground there was full of roots and gravel and very difficult to dig in even with good diggers. Both James and Scrounger are convinced there is more to be found and I will see if we can't get down there one more time. Even though we did not find any silver it was a good hunt and we all had fun. Thanks for checking in GS.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login