Findmall.com

Minelab Safari/Quattro Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: SAFARI PROS & CONS ???
Posted by: Sod
Date: July 31, 2016 05:06PM
klever
I agree with you KinTn I hit a yard this week that the sounds were all over. A high pitch mixed in with a low pitch or then no sound at all. I looked at the screen and the numbers were all over the place but good numbers. Picked up a Silver quarter at 9 to 10 inches. So I proceeded to dig a number of times like this. Most all were good targets at deeper depths.

Klever, If you don't mind me asking, What kind of soil do you have?

Posted by: klever
Date: September 10, 2016 09:57AM
Sod
klever
I agree with you KinTn I hit a yard this week that the sounds were all over. A high pitch mixed in with a low pitch or then no sound at all. I looked at the screen and the numbers were all over the place but good numbers. Picked up a Silver quarter at 9 to 10 inches. So I proceeded to dig a number of times like this. Most all were good targets at deeper depths.

Klever, If you don't mind me asking, What kind of soil do you have?

KinTn, I live in Eastern Washington. This is the desert of WA. Tumbleweeds and hot in the summer. So for the most part sandy soil.

Date: September 25, 2016 04:32PM
Thanks Klever. I'm dealing with sand, clay and small stone here to and I cant seem to get past five inches running in coin/jewelry?
I'm thinking it may be my clay,stone soil causing the loss of depth?
GL&HH.

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: September 25, 2016 05:13PM
Sod, do you even have targets below that depth? Heavy clay and especially rocks can retard and even stop the sinking of dropped objects.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Date: September 25, 2016 06:03PM
I dug a big Ole break shoe once about ten inches down but as a rule most of my finds are around 3"to 4"

Posted by: klever
Date: October 08, 2016 04:44PM
Sod
Thanks Klever. I'm dealing with sand, clay and small stone here to and I cant seem to get past five inches running in coin/jewelry?
I'm thinking it may be my clay,stone soil causing the loss of depth?
GL&HH.

Yeah I have never dug in Clay before. Seems like that would be some rough digging. Especially since the Safari likes to go deep

Posted by: sprailroad
Date: March 08, 2017 05:31AM
I have found nickels as low as "10", I believe it's because they were on edge.

Posted by: Prep1957
Date: March 08, 2017 10:07PM
Great machine have had mine for 5 years,works great with 6X8 coil on it.I normally hunt with 13 on up open mostly to get rid of 22 shells and small can slaw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login