Findmall.com

Minelab Safari/Quattro Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Coiltek WOT
Posted by: oldmoney
Date: March 23, 2016 09:11PM
Any body on here have the Coiltek WOT for their Safari? If so do you have any settings that you like to use when your on dry ground? Sand? Is it worth the money? Is it any better than the stock coil?
I do more coin hunting than relic, and I am hooked on beach hunting for rings as well.

Thanks for your input.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2016 09:12PM by oldmoney.

It would be good on clean sand . . .
Posted by: NealNoIN
Date: March 25, 2016 01:11PM
Big coils are made for cleaner ground.

Minelab Explorer XS, Explorer 2, Sunray X-1 Probe, 10.5, X-8 and SEF 12x15 and Pro coils, and my favorite for best separation the Teknetics G2 also with a Sunray probe.

Re: Coiltek WOT
Posted by: Goldstrike
Date: March 25, 2016 03:06PM
I have used a WOT on the beaches locally but found it was a little on the heavy side for me due to my not being physically the same as in younger years!lol. I don't like wearing any irritating and constraining straps etc; although I have 2 set up's including the swingy thingy, I never use them. Other than that, it is a great asset on the beach and in wide open spaces like field's etc; where you want to cover a lot of real estate. I can't help you with settings, although I swing in A.M. either Auto or 17-18 usually with the stock coil..

Posted by: oldmoney
Date: March 25, 2016 04:32PM
Thanks for the info guys.

Posted by: MikeMD
Date: September 07, 2016 03:40PM
I hope I didn't do something dumb.:huh:
I've been looking for a Coiltek WOT for my Safari. I just bought one used on ebay for 130.00 shipped. Its the older model, not the MKII. Seller says its in excellent condition and works.

Minelab Excaliber 1000
Minelab Safari
Minelab GoFind 20
Garett 2500 GTI
Garret AT Gold
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
In the end, we don't regret what we did, but regret most what we didn't do.

Posted by: MikeMD
Date: September 09, 2016 04:16PM
To answer my own question, yes. It was a mismatch. The ears on the coil are too thick and wide to allow full rotation of the coil. The bolt holes are too large and the supplied bolt is to large for the holes in the lower shaft. I've just talked to the vendor and he thinks I can trade lower shafts with an e-trac (he says will work with the coil). While i appreciate the free lower shaft he offered, I think I'll end up sending it back.:rage:

Minelab Excaliber 1000
Minelab Safari
Minelab GoFind 20
Garett 2500 GTI
Garret AT Gold
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
In the end, we don't regret what we did, but regret most what we didn't do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login