Findmall.com

Minelab Safari/Quattro Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Here's more to back up the safaris ability:
Posted by: Scenario84
Date: April 30, 2016 11:13AM
This morning I was hunting a very iron-ridden cellar hole area of an old early 1800s farmhouse. And amongst the trash signals I got a faint copper tone (solid 35). I dug down and found 3 square nails. But underneath those nails was the oldest coin I've ever found. An 1805 draped bust large cent! It was deep too. About 9-10 inches. My safari has been killing it all week since I've had time to hunt. If you take your time with the safari, there's not much it won't find for you

Re: Here's more to back up the safaris ability:
Posted by: Fletch88
Date: April 30, 2016 01:02PM
That is a beautiful coin! And the "experts" say FBS, especially the safari is no good in celler hole type sites! Are these finds using the stock coil or a smaller one like 6x8? I am new to the safari but have had the se pro and Etrac. I like the safari a lot so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2016 01:05PM by Fletch88.

Posted by: Scenario84
Date: April 30, 2016 02:17PM
I have the SEF 6x8 butterfly on. All the oldest coins I've found with the safari have been with that coil.

Posted by: petew
Date: April 30, 2016 08:17PM
Awesome find! Congratulations

Posted by: Goldstrike
Date: April 30, 2016 09:46PM
That's one heck of a nice old coin!!! The Safari is a very flexible machine and can be used with sucess in so many areas and terrain including tight spots!!:thumbup:

Posted by: kschae4
Date: May 04, 2016 08:01PM
Very nice save there! Hope there's more waiting for you.

Minelab Safari/BH Land Star/ Garrett Pro-Pointer
"Cause down the shore everything's all right"
Oldest identifiable coin- 1775 King George lll half penny
Most bizarre find: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?3,1835200,1835200#msg-1835200

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login