Findmall.com

Minelab Safari/Quattro Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Safari Question. Please help
Posted by: kingingkunsan
Date: January 12, 2017 06:20PM
I have an old Explorer II. I have had it since 2003 and it shows. Long story short I am in the market for a new machine. I really like the EX II and I was thinking of getting a E-trac. Reason for this is the coils and batteries are interchangeable. But if this is true with the Safari then I might go with it. I have the Sunray X-1 probe and Sunray Stealth X-8 coil as well as the rechargeable battery pack for the EX II that I would like to be able to use with the Safari. Is it possible with out modifications?

Re: Safari Question. Please help
Posted by: HighPlainsHunter
Date: January 12, 2017 09:54PM
kingingkunsan
I have an old Explorer II. I have had it since 2003 and it shows. Long story short I am in the market for a new machine. I really like the EX II and I was thinking of getting a E-trac. Reason for this is the coils and batteries are interchangeable. But if this is true with the Safari then I might go with it. I have the Sunray X-1 probe and Sunray Stealth X-8 coil as well as the rechargeable battery pack for the EX II that I would like to be able to use with the Safari. Is it possible with out modifications?

Yuup...

Posted by: Bigtom123
Date: January 14, 2017 08:13PM
Explorer 2 ,,se pro,Etrac and safari all share same batteries,upper and lower rods,and coils.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2017 08:13PM by Bigtom123.

Posted by: DnD
Date: January 19, 2017 07:14PM
kingingkunsan

Safari is great, but I've seen quite a few used E-tracs for sale lately. usually they are in the $700 range, but I saw one pop up on CL for a mere $500. It was sold the same day (just an hour before I called), but nonetheless, a noteable sale price. That one included two coils.

Also, there is a fella selling his SePro for $350. Look through the posts...its a nice but subtle upgrade to your II.

...CTX, DP-Pulse, and over the years, 22 other detectors...

Posted by: kansasexp2
Date: January 25, 2017 04:16PM
I would suggest an SE Pro since you are comfortable with the EX2. All the vdi numbers are the same and there would be no real learning curve. It is essentially an Explorer 3. Prices for the SE are very reasonable but if you wanted to spend more the Etrac is a nice machine and can be found for a good price. It would require some adjustment but probably not too bad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login