Findmall.com

Minelab Safari/Quattro Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Why I prefer the safari over other fbs
Posted by: Bigtom123
Date: February 01, 2017 04:50PM
I have had both, twice.I now only have the safari.This is just my opinion,and I'm in no way comparing performance.

For me,I think that the safari is just better on jewelry,and that could be for my next reasoning.

With the Etrac I was passing over so many targets because of the ferrous numbers,good sounding midtones.With the safari and its single digit readout,I just dig so many more midtones,I'm not distracted by the ferrous numbers.And,I make many good finds.I am probably not the normal,preferring the simplicity of the safari over the Etrac.But I do,and have a lot of great finds I would have passed over had I had a Etrac.Just my opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2017 05:17PM by Bigtom123.

Re: Why I prefer the safari over other fbs
Posted by: HighPlainsHunter
Date: February 02, 2017 10:09AM
+1...

Posted by: BigTony
Date: February 02, 2017 10:47AM
I can't speak for the Safari or the Etrac because I use the Exp II and love it for jewelry. Maybe you are right about the simplicity of them, that does help. I understand what you mean about the 12 line on the Etrac, they dump
plenty of targets there. On the Safari and Exp II are just plain screen machines, where the targets land is I guess I can say this now - it's old school...ha ha that sounds funny

BigTony

Posted by: Southwind
Date: February 02, 2017 10:50AM
If you had no gauge at all you'd also dig more jewelry. Think about it! Good or bad depends on the person swinging the detector.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Posted by: Simpsonslammer
Date: February 02, 2017 11:09AM
I often wonder how much gold I've passed over just because the number just didn't look good enough. On the other hand, one would spend all day digging alot more junk

Minelab Safari Tesoro Compadre Garrett Propointer

Posted by: Zinc Penny
Date: February 17, 2017 02:53AM
Safari was a okay machine I need longer have one though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login