Findmall.com

Minelab Safari/Quattro Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
1st oldie of the year, a key date:crazy:
Posted by: Simpsonslammer
Date: April 23, 2017 11:45AM
I obtained permission to hunt a field where a one room country school house once stood. The rains finally quit long enough for me to go check it out. I was a little disappointed when I pulled up and saw it was planted in alfalfa that was 8'' to 10'', It was tuff swinging but I got that unmistakable nickel grunt , dug down and saw the holy grail of V nickels. 1885!! It was the only coin I found. Below is a pic of the school taken about 1917-1920

Minelab Safari Tesoro Compadre Garrett Propointer

Re: 1st oldie of the year, a key date:crazy:
Posted by: Drakester
Date: April 23, 2017 12:50PM
Excellent find, still looking for my 1800's bucket lister. HH

Posted by: Goldstrike
Date: April 23, 2017 03:18PM
S.S.....that is an awesome coin find!! I'm a little envious of those living in more historic locations/States because here in SoCal, there are just a few places that stretch back in time and particulary open fields like you have that are detectable. There are old stagecoach stops in the desert (now protected sites) /Chinese mining camps in the San Gabriel mountains (which was made a 'State park' during the last administration:confused: and you'll be looking at a very stiff fine if found detecting:ban:. Generally, anything with history is strictly verboten to detect and is protected by the State/BLM. In spite of all the restrictions, it doesn't stop me from seeking new ground to detect though!! Congrat's:thumbup:

Posted by: kschae4
Date: May 01, 2017 05:27AM
Very nice save, SS. All v nickles are crisp 14-15 tid for me here in central Jersey.

Minelab Safari/BH Land Star/ Garrett Pro-Pointer
"Cause down the shore everything's all right"
Oldest identifiable coin- 1775 King George lll half penny
Most bizarre find: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?3,1835200,1835200#msg-1835200

Posted by: sasquache
Date: May 10, 2017 04:13AM
Love the old school house pic and great find !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login