Findmall.com

Minelab Safari/Quattro Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Junky ring but lot's of fun!
Posted by: Goldstrike
Date: July 21, 2017 02:07PM
My last find from the other day was this cheap ring which I'll throw into my finds collection for the grandkids to play with! Benjamin, one of my 7 g/kid's is currently playing with some of those finds. I've given away a lot of rings and jewellery to the older g/kid's, wife and family, so when I get asked G/pa can I have this? I'll say let's leave it in the collection so you can play with it when you come over next time!! I'm wondering, do you also let your grandchildren enjoy seeing and playing with your finds collections as well?....I'm sure you do and it's a lot of fun to see them doing this!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2017 02:08PM by Goldstrike.

Re: Junky ring but lot's of fun!
Posted by: sasquache
Date: July 21, 2017 03:36PM
Awesome ring man comrades.

Posted by: Ohio Coinhunter
Date: July 23, 2017 07:51PM
Yes it is! My 7 yr old grandson loves digging through my junk box. I've been noticing that a few things missing as I've told him he could have a treasure or 2 when he visits. The junk finds have stirred his imagination and interested him in treasure hunting. My wife and I bought him a Bounty Hunter Jr this year for his 1st grade graduation. He's only been out a few times with it. He has only dug a surface quarter with it so far as it only goes about an inch deep.

I can see a bit of discouragement and I've explained that grandpa built up that little collection of things over some time. He's young yet but my goal is to keep him hooked. It's a great feeling to see the seeds of the lure of treasure taking root and having another generation gain an interest in this hobby. I can't wait to see him grow up in the hobby and experience the thrill of digging up history and build his own collection of coins and interesting items.

Posted by: Goldstrike
Date: July 24, 2017 01:36PM
Thanks for the response's! I must admit, I've 'salted' (planted) a few coins so my grandkid's could have the thrill of 'finding' some treasure!! I'm sure some of them will find their own treasure someday soon!

Posted by: Ohio Coinhunter
Date: July 24, 2017 04:52PM
I've tried that too, but my grandson is pretty sharp. He's young and doesn't get too excited with the silver coins, wheats etc., yet.

He likes the other stuff like keys, junk rings, small metal toys and the other misc items.

But I'm sure his interests will grow in time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login