Findmall.com

Minelab Safari/Quattro Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Coil cable problem.
Posted by: dirt lizard
Date: September 08, 2017 05:55AM
Can someone tell me what is the easiest way to send the coil cable through the rods. I'm using string to pull it through and it seems to work. Is there an easier way to do this?

Minelab Safari, Golden mask 5, Oldest coins, 1749 King George II half pence, 1783 Nova Constalatio, 1772 Spanish half Reale

Re: Coil cable problem.
Posted by: Elton
Date: September 08, 2017 09:38AM
I found that a small gauge wire wrapped around connector worked a little better than string. You can exert a little more force while pulling it through.
A friend of mine used a professional wire puller used behind drywall for routing wires.That worked perfectly ..That was an old school electricians tool.

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: September 08, 2017 10:16AM
If you use the string method, tie one end to a heavy nut.
Also, stretching the coiled cable a bit before inserting seems to help; just don't stress either end of it.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: Goldstrike
Date: September 08, 2017 03:46PM
If you can afford it, buy another upper and lower shaft set up with another coil of your choosing with the wire taped or zip tied to stop it from pulling through the shafts ready to just connect. If your constantly changing your coil using just 1 lower shaft, (I know it's a tight fit) in time it could stress the connector and then you might loose the use of both wire and coil that it's connected to. I haven't tried putting/resoldering another connector plug on a coil wire and probably it's do-able? I don't know.

Posted by: dirt lizard
Date: September 08, 2017 05:47PM
I have a wire coat hanger that I bent strait. Seems to work better.

Minelab Safari, Golden mask 5, Oldest coins, 1749 King George II half pence, 1783 Nova Constalatio, 1772 Spanish half Reale

Posted by: enderman
Date: October 04, 2017 11:18AM
Twist the wire so it compresses onto itself, this will make it thinner and allow it to pass through the shaft.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login