Findmall.com

Minelab Safari/Quattro Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Safari?
Posted by: JJames1610
Date: October 18, 2017 07:57PM
For you that have and use these machines on a regular basis, how are they in mineralization? Do they give false signals sometimes? I have never used one, but am thinking about getting one, if they can handle minerals ok. I have used Whites, and Fisher and Teknetic. They were single frequency machines and all the ones I have used will false on minerals. I was thinking with more frequency, should be better. Love to hear from users, thanks.

Re: Safari?
Posted by: sasquache
Date: October 19, 2017 03:18PM
Hello James i live in Maine so as far as mineralization we have it and i use the Safari regularly and i have very little issue's and if i do very little noise.

Date: October 19, 2017 04:47PM
I need to ask a question. Is the safari considered a PI detector? Or is it a VLF detector that operates on many different frequencies? This may be stupid question, but i would like to know. I've never owned one, but am seriously considering it. Thanks

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: October 19, 2017 05:08PM
Safari is FBS and handles mineralization well.
This should be of interest to you: http://www.minelab.com/anz/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/equinox-technologies-part-1

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Date: October 20, 2017 11:58AM
Thanks, but i still cannot figure it out. Is the Safari similar to a PI unit, because it uses many different frequency? Or is it still a vlf that just uses more frequency? Would rather find out here instead of calling minelab, thanks

Posted by: sasquache
Date: October 20, 2017 01:21PM
The Safari is not a PI unit PI stands for Pulse induction the Safari uses fbs and it uses only 3 freqencys at a time it chooses these dependong on many factors which one is ground mineralization.

Date: October 20, 2017 01:46PM
That works for me, thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login