Findmall.com

Relic & Bottle Hunting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Hard to get the lid off
Posted by: pplinker
Date: September 14, 2017 02:14PM
I found this Woodbury face cream bottle while metal detecting because of the metal cap. The cap has initials scratched into it so I was hoping it had some child's treasure in it. Tried channel lock pliars with a towel to protect the lid but the lid bent anyway. Then I boiled awhile and that didn't help. Then took a knife and pried up a little all around the rim of the lid. It finally opened at that, although some of the lid chipped off some. No treasure inside, just the face cream had turned to liquid.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Re: Hard to get the lid off
Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: October 10, 2017 09:21PM
Nice unusual find pplinker, how deep was it?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login