Findmall.com

Relic & Bottle Hunting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Some bottles from an old dump
Posted by: coinnut
Date: April 04, 2008 12:43PM
Here's a couple of bottles from my dump digging days. Nothing special, but fun to dig. The first picture has Tallon & Connell - Doylestown, PA, --- M.C.& Co.106 East 50th St N.Y. ----- Bigelow & Co Springfield, MA -----Bacon Bottling Works Hartford, CT. Second picture is of Congress & Empire Spring Co Saratoga, NY and a very dark green unmarked bottle. The third picture is of the bottoms of picture #2.

Re: Some bottles from an old dump
Posted by: Ted bottle guy
Date: April 04, 2008 03:11PM
:clapping:A very nice set of blob top beer's any story behind them !!!Did you try to find the beer top's for them at the dump you were digging at that time:confused: ???

Re: Some bottles from an old dump
Posted by: coinnut
Date: April 04, 2008 04:20PM
No tops with them. Probably somewhere close by though. This was from an open trash pit (trench) at an old factory. I went there to metal detect and ended up picking up bottles from the pit. Had to dig a little bit, but most were visible. Trench was about 30 feet long. Hundreds of bottles came out, most unlabeled kitchen bottles I think. Lots of Baker's Flavoring Extract. All cork top, some older ones with pontil marks. Easy pickins. Never had that happen since. I have to work for my bottles these days.

I love the Congress & Empire Spring Co Saratoga, NY :D :D nice bottles all around :thumbup:N/T
Posted by: Brian(upstateNY)
Date: April 06, 2008 05:25PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login