Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Whites GMT is it any good on small gold?
Posted by: X-Terra 705
Date: December 08, 2009 01:39PM
I just sold my TDI and still looking for a good gold machine and need feedback on the GMT.

Will it see small gold chains and studded earrings?
Thanks all

Re: Whites GMT is it any good on small gold?
Posted by: PennyFinder
Date: December 08, 2009 05:44PM
One of the best there is and you can use the stock coil to boot!:super:

PennyFinder

Posted by: Infiniumexplorer Excalibur
Date: December 09, 2009 02:57AM
Why did you sell your TDI? From other posts I've read, it picks up small jewelry very well. I just got mine, my aim is to hunt very small gold.

Yes, the GMT can do it, but
Posted by: Monte
Date: December 09, 2009 05:50AM
most small gold jewelry can also be associated with discarded/lost junk. I am mainly referring to small iron junk like hair pins, etc. Because of this I like to use a model that provides a bit more versatility and variable discrimination. The MXT w/5.3 Eclipse coil is my pick for this most of the time. This 6" concentric coil makes the MXT a top-performer for nugget hunting or going after coins or small gold jewlery. Very sensitive, and you can use as little or as much rejection as you wish.

Just my opinions,

Monte

Posted by: Infiniumexplorer Excalibur
Date: December 09, 2009 06:43AM
Infiniumexplorer Excalibur
Why did you sell your TDI? From other posts I've read, it picks up small jewelry very well. I just got mine, my aim is to hunt very small gold.

I can't edit my own post:thumbdown:

What I meant was that from what I've read, the GMT picks up small jewelry very well, and that's what I just got.

Great for gold jewelry...
Posted by: Paul (Ca)
Date: December 09, 2009 10:17AM
Yes it will see stud earrings and thin gold chains, Excellent machine for tot lots and such during off gold nugget season when using the 6X10" DD coil.

However, The MXT prospecting mode is almost as sensitive as the GMT. With prospecting mode it's a great machine for nugget or gold jewelry detecting. Now, If you're into a mixture of different types of detecting the MXT coupled with relic mode and coin/jewelry mode you can use the MXT for about any purpose,

I enjoy the iron grunt audio on the GMT and when using prospecting mode for the MXT, Two Super machines.

Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2009 10:18AM by Paul (Ca).

Posted by: X-Terra 705
Date: December 09, 2009 11:35AM
The TDI will not see small gold, at least mine would not and I sent it back to the factory and had it calibrated before I sold it.

I did not try a small coil for at 200 a pop I would quickly have more in coils than the price of the GMT.

The TDI is a good relic machine if you are looking for "Brass" or low conductors especially in bad ground.

Thank you all for your reply.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login