Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
battery charge
Posted by: dirt lizard
Date: December 21, 2011 04:51PM
I recently charged up the battery system for my eagle spectrum and checked it installed and it read 4.9 volts. Is this a normal charge for this machine or do i need a new battery system?

Teknetics Eurotek pro, Oldest coin 1785 Nova Constallatio, Oldest silver 1829 capped bust dime.

Re: battery charge
Posted by: widebody
Date: December 21, 2011 06:18PM
my quess is you need a new one. if it's the old style that came with it the do have a life span and i quess weren't that good to start with. i don't bother using mine at all. i'm sure your instruction manual said a good charrge is above 9.?? mine does for my XLT e series.

HH

Garrett AT Pr o
Garrett Pro pin pointer.x2
Whites V3i

AIN'T THIS HOBBY GREAT?

THE ONLY DUMB QUESTION IS THE ONE YOU DON'T ASK.
Kelso, Wa.
where the sun don't shine most of the time.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: December 21, 2011 07:26PM
Does the Eagle work? I am thinking that might be the normal charge for the Eagle if it takes the 4 C cell pack. The rechargeables are 1.2 Volts each times 4 is 4.8 volts. Just going by memory but I can check in the manual.

I checked the manual and that is normal. Here is the owners manual if you don't have one http://media.whiteselectronics.com/manuals/Eagle%20Manuals/Eagle%20spectrum%20instruction%20manual.pdf

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2011 07:31PM by Larry (IL).

Posted by: Rob (IL)
Date: December 21, 2011 07:31PM
It uses four C cells, 4.8v about correct.

"Everyone has an opinion, but mine is free":devil:
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment..."

Posted by: TerraDigger
Date: December 21, 2011 08:16PM
My NiMH C cells charge to 5.0v and drop to 4.8v in a heartbeat. And then gradually go down in voltage over time. They work perfectly and for the length of time they are supposed to. Unit is the Silver Eagle which is really a Spectrum XLT hardware wise, minus the advanced programming.

Posted by: dirt lizard
Date: December 22, 2011 05:08AM
Thanks all I musta mis read the manual then seeing that it has 68 pages lol i think i'll get a c pack for it too for a backup.

Teknetics Eurotek pro, Oldest coin 1785 Nova Constallatio, Oldest silver 1829 capped bust dime.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login