Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Coinmaster GT
Posted by: xterrafanboy
Date: November 25, 2012 02:59PM
Hello all,

Due to favorable reviews and an outstanding price I have just ordered a coinmaster gt from a dealer. He is shipping me an updated model (with beach mode and track lock) at same price. I am excited to see how it performs on Oregon soil.

A question for those that have used one already....Is there any lower shaft wobble since it doesnt have cam locks? If so do you think an aftermarket cam lock would benefit it?

Once I have mine I will post my reviews on it...although I have about a week to go..

thx all,

Dave in Oregon

Re: Coinmaster GT
Date: November 25, 2012 04:21PM
For those of you interested in the coin gt you probably already know its a remmoded prizm 6t. A member on here did a very good detailed review on the prizm 6t which should answer most of your questions about this detector. Most..but not all as they made a few changes.

Here is the link to check out that review

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?31,845860,page=1

Color and rod system, those are the only changes from
Posted by: Monte
Date: November 26, 2012 10:48AM
the Prizm 6T to the Coinmaster GT (Coin GT). The Coin GT now has ALL of the Prizm 6T's adjustment features, but in burgundy color and using the Coinmaster rod system.

I am sure that after you spend some time with your new Coin GT you will get to like it. I keep my stock 9" spoked coil mounted non a spare rod for use at the beach, or some large, open sports fields. Because I usually find myself hunting urban sites, like playgrounds, renovation work, etc., I chose to keep the 4x6 'Shooter' DD coil mounted. In you case the Coin GT might be your only detector, I don't know, but I have three I keep in my rig all the time and equip each with the coils I plan to use the most on them.

Dollar-for-dollar, I am finding the Coin GT to be a decent value and performer. The Prizm 6T is, also, but that $699.95 suggested retail, matching the M6, just didn't draw the attention of consumers or many dealers. At the Coin GT price of a suggested $399.95, it is going to do very well!

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells

Just a name that brings back fond memories of old alkali desert favorite sites in Utah, Nevada, and Eastern Oregon. There is no pastime I enjoy more than hunting old sites as best I can, doing research, and helping others learn more about this great hobby.:
My 'Tag-Along' buddies: White's MXT All-Pro w/9", MX5 w/6˝", and modified IDX Pro w/6˝".

My 'On-Call' detectors: Compass Coin Hustler & 99B TR's, Teknetics Euro-Tek Pro, Tesoro Bandido II µMAX and others I want to tinker with.

monte@stinkwaterwells.com
(503) 481-8147

Posted by: Lem
Date: December 03, 2012 09:00PM
Read somewhere that the GT auto tracking doesn't work well in mineralized soil, not sure if thats true, but wow, auto track, great for a beginner,
Wonder what freq it operates on, and if depth averages at least 6 inches.

Date: December 03, 2012 11:35PM
Hoping it works well..and if not it has trac lock that can be used for compensation. I will give a full report after I use mine a bit. It is showing up tomorrow.

Coinmaster GT operates at 8.192 kHz, and I haven't
Posted by: Monte
Date: December 07, 2012 04:53AM
had any problems finding coins to 6", or more, with the Coin GT or Prizm 6T using the stock 9" concentric spider coil. I have also hit on them to that depth with the 4x6 elliptical DD Shooter coil.

My computer crashed right after Thanksgiving and i am just getting the repaired unit up and running. I've missed a lot of forum activity, but I do look forward to your comments about field performance with your Coin GT.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells

Just a name that brings back fond memories of old alkali desert favorite sites in Utah, Nevada, and Eastern Oregon. There is no pastime I enjoy more than hunting old sites as best I can, doing research, and helping others learn more about this great hobby.:
My 'Tag-Along' buddies: White's MXT All-Pro w/9", MX5 w/6˝", and modified IDX Pro w/6˝".

My 'On-Call' detectors: Compass Coin Hustler & 99B TR's, Teknetics Euro-Tek Pro, Tesoro Bandido II µMAX and others I want to tinker with.

monte@stinkwaterwells.com
(503) 481-8147