Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Seriously Greg
Posted by: steve herschbach
Date: May 07, 2013 12:35PM
Learn to be discreet? I did not create the page on the website I linked to. I merely passed on what was ALREADY POSTED on other forums on the Internet.

So no, I am not going to apologize for other people's lack of discretion or inability to keep a lid on things. Save your lecture for the people who put it up on their website.

Minelab GPZ 7000, Gold Monster 1000, Equinox 800; Garrett ATX; Makro Gold Racer; White's V3i/Bigfoot; Garrett Carrot; Sun Ray Pro Gold

Re: Sierra Super Trac?
Posted by: Reeseb
Date: July 01, 2013 11:04PM
Sounds like a detector for serious hunters who hunt in all metal to hear iron and use tone ID to tell them whether to dig or not. Probably not good for a beginner.

Re: Does that mean it will take the S.E.F. Coil ?
Posted by: daveinoregon
Date: July 12, 2013 12:05AM
morelic55
ANY coil that works on a MXT will work on it, including the SEF. I would like to try one with the 10" DD and see what the depth would be.......Mark

the 10dd actually hits "softer" than the stock coil. I tried one out before I purchased the sst and was surprised.

El
n/t

Re: Sierra Super Trac - Testing was in UK
Posted by: au4greg
Date: July 12, 2013 03:00AM
Steve....

Mixed Mode as in XLT and DFX is a Descrimination Channel working with an All Metal Single Filter Channel. The Sierra Super Trac, is actually operating in its motion mode with the discrimination wide open. Unlike the M-6, Jimmy and I decided to have the Target Tone ID Defaulted to ON and used a two position switch. In the M-6 Design, there is a three position switch so you have to toggle forward to engage the Target Tone ID. When you go to pin point your target by squeezing the toggle, you have to remember to re-engage the Target Tone ID forward or you lose the TTI. This is a minor annoyance for the M-6 users.

Also, as of 7/12/2013, Digger Bob VanCamp of Comstock Detectors in Paradise has been using his SST for prospecting with success. It handles that Red Dirt without any problem where other competing models we have tried overload on that Devilish Dirt.

Steve, it was actually the M-6 that Jimmy was using over in England and liked it so well, that we used it as a foundation for the SST but the value as I see it is that it comes standard with that $179.95 6x10 Wide Scan Search Coil as STANDARD to help deal with the High Mineral of the Western Left Coast (Beaches and Sierras),

In my further tests, the 5.3 Eclipse will increase Signal Response on my 12" Test Nickel by almost 40% over the 6x10 and its concentric design reduces the power lines that our under my sidewalk by about 15% which also reduces any mis-tracking.

No complaints from any of my customers and several of them are using it instead of their MXT Pros because of a reduced weight etc.

Re: Sierra Super Trac - Testing was in UK
Posted by: dbsmokey
Date: July 12, 2013 10:08AM
au4greg

Steve, it was actually the M-6 that Jimmy was using over in England and liked it so well, that we used it as a foundation for the SST but the value as I see it is that it comes standard with that $179.95 6x10 Wide Scan Search Coil as STANDARD to help deal with the High Mineral of the Western Left Coast (Beaches and Sierras),

Then why in the video (at the 1 minute mark) does Jimmy say: "When using the SST in England.....?"

IDX Pro, MX5, BHID, M6, MXT Pro, Surf PI, TDI, CZ-5, CZ-20

Re: Sierra Super Trac? MA vs. VCO
Posted by: GoldChaser
Date: August 06, 2013 04:56PM
So what's the difference between "Modulated Audio" (as described above by Monte) and "Voltage Controlled Oscillator audio" (as stated in the MXT manual in the Prospecting Mode section) in how they work?

Re: Sierra Super Trac? MA vs. VCO
Posted by: Dirt Diver
Date: August 18, 2013 10:56PM
I have been using the SST since it first came to the market and it has greatly improved my finds even in places I have searched numerous times before. I have found gold rings, gold bracelets, silver rings, silver coins, nickles, dimes, all pennies and quarters. It really seems easier because it is. It works on beaches, highly mineralized areas like the Sierra Nevada, sandy grassy areas, and on hard as rock dry earth. I would recommend this unit to anyone, beginner and seasoned user alike. Listening to the tones and using the display anyone can discern gold, silver, zinc, iron, copper. Junk should be included in the mix because it is always in the mix. I have dug foil at 8". Hey you never know right.

Re: Sierra Super Trac?
Posted by: lizardzman
Date: February 25, 2017 02:15PM
I have this detector. Finds coins well. I had a large 4.13 carat diamond ring white gold. I put it down to test the SST. To my surprised, it didn't see it, it notched it out. I was dissapointed and it made me think it was designed that way purposely, so the really good stuff, gold rings and gold would be left for the other guys that have the better detecors. Fortunately, I have the GMT and TDI, as well as a VSAT.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login