Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Whites 6.59MHz Machines Obsolete?
Posted by: donl98632
Date: March 31, 2017 02:01AM
It is not only the analog 6.59 detectors that work well, but also the early digital Whites are awesome detectors. I took my Eagle 2 SL 90 out for a run today and am always amazed at how good it does. It will give me good hard hits on a 8 inch dime with solid tid as well. It is also a very stable detector, not as bothered by EMI as many newer detectors I have used.
I also wonder if anyone has tried one of the DD coils for the 6.59 Whites that are offered by a company in Spain that is currently selling them?

Whites 6000di series 3, Eagle 2 SL 90, Quantum XT, XLT,
Garrett Master Hunter CX3
Fisher Edge ID
Teknetics T2
Tesoro Mojave

Posted by: silverseeker 2
Date: April 01, 2017 08:57AM
Not in my World. The Whites 6.59 khz. will always be in my arsenal.
My White's machines are the Mr. Bill modded IDX PRO and my
Eagle SL90.5. The Eagles a little heavy compared to what's being
made today but worth it's weight in gold to me. The IDX Pro is
certainly a keeper too. Just a basic machine with great capabilities
in Iron with a slower sweep speed. These are not my main go
to units but when I want a change or to mix it up a little, I know
these 2 units will not disappoint me. Another great quality about
these older Whites machines are they are built like an "Ol Timex"
watch. Take a lick'n and keep on tick'n!!! Sooo, Obsolete, not in
my world!!!
silverseeker2

Posted by: TC-NM
Date: April 04, 2017 11:24AM
Hi donl98632, That's news to me about DD coils for Whites machines running 6.592 kHz. Tell me more if you have any info. or a link to their site.

TC-NM

donl98632
It is not only the analog 6.59 detectors that work well, but also the early digital Whites are awesome detectors. I took my Eagle 2 SL 90 out for a run today and am always amazed at how good it does. It will give me good hard hits on a 8 inch dime with solid tid as well. It is also a very stable detector, not as bothered by EMI as many newer detectors I have used.
I also wonder if anyone has tried one of the DD coils for the 6.59 Whites that are offered by a company in Spain that is currently selling them?

Whites 6000di series 3, Eagle 2 SL 90, Quantum XT, XLT,
Garrett Master Hunter CX3
Fisher Edge ID
Teknetics T2
Tesoro Mojave

White's XL Pro -- Minelab E-Trac -- Garrett Master Hunter CX-II -- Sunray Pro Golds HP-- Rat HP -- Macally Wireless HP -- Lesche & White's Diggers

~ Been Detecting Since '74 ~

Posted by: Lorenz
Date: September 06, 2017 08:57AM
Bought a DiPro 5900 in the mid '90s and found many, many coins, rings,etc. I gave it to my grandson a couple of days ago. As I am in my 80s, it had become rather heavy. I have been using the M6 for the last several years. Both machines seemed about equal in ability, but, I miss knobs and switches. Felt like I had more control. Any way, I don't believe 6.59 will be obsolete for many years to come. Just an opinion from a man who bought his Whites detector in '68.

Posted by: Hombre
Date: September 06, 2017 09:29PM
Hi Lorenz

Good first post, I also like the shoe box analog White's machines. Mine just so happens to be a late model 5900 CB, I like the total control that knobs and switches give you. The 5900 Di Pro SL (CB) is the last of the 4 filter manual ground balanced big bodied park slayer. I like to run the 600 Bluemax coil with the Signal Balance goosed up on the hot side. With the double stacked 10 turn Ground Balance, it is fairly easy to do. When set up this way with the 6½" coil, the sweep speed can be slowed somewhat to a more comfortable, moderate speed & still detect deep.

" If in doubt, dig it out"

I use various analog detectors, knobs and switches rule.

Randy from south central Kansas

Posted by: Mega
Date: September 06, 2017 10:16PM
I still use my IDX Pro on a regular basis,its still bog standard as well and never been altered with the addition of a manual GB etc,most of the time i just use the 950 stock coil although i also do have the 5.3 coil as well.

On a really trashy roman site the IDX excels and really a joy too use,i do have more modern machines that i can and do use,but for pure enjoyment and a nice days detecting and regular decent finds in my finds pouch then the IDX Pro takes alot of beating.

I ont think any other detectors gives me so much pleasure than the IDX,what more can you ask for from this terrific pastime that we have.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login