Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
MX Sport
Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: October 27, 2016 06:14PM
Bit the bullet and got the Sport headed my way. Made a trade deal on this one. It's supposed to have the current upgrades and the other problems resolved.

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * VX3* Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Good for you!
Posted by: John, in Nawth Carolina
Date: October 27, 2016 08:25PM
I see you have the MXT. Don't expect a great advantage with the MX Sport over your MXT. The MX Sport has,in any case, found targets my former Turkish detector didn't find. It may be the best all purpose detector out there.

Using what I can afford since 1976

Re: Good for you!
Date: October 28, 2016 06:14AM
Thanks for the reply. I decided to go with the Sport to do some water detecting next summer. I have 2 rivers close by that saw some CW action.

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * VX3* Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Date: October 28, 2016 11:03AM
Great! Make sure you get the 7" coil. Much easier pinpointing and great target separation.

Posted by: Brownie
Date: October 28, 2016 11:20AM
How long have you used this MX? It's only been out less than a year and you're already saying it may be the best all purpose detector out there. Really!!

Date: October 28, 2016 11:31AM
What do you consider 'all purpose'? For me it has to be waterproof and have a good meter.

Re: MX Sport
Posted by: Brownie
Date: October 28, 2016 06:22PM
What I consider as an "All Purpose" detector and what you consider maybe completely different, but I didn't make the statement , you did. What do mean have a "good meter"?

Date: October 29, 2016 07:46AM
Somebody help me!!!! I've been hijacked!!!:rofl:

Posted by: iqwozpoom
Date: October 29, 2016 09:49AM
Congrats, you're gonna enjoy it! A couple tips, get the 7", you'll gain a lot more than you will lose and it is a lot lighter. Don't be afraid to turn the sense down a bit in thick iron and trash. When you get in the thick slow down a bit, you don't have to crawl but a deliberate pace will help you with all the signals coming at you. I prefer the 8 tone to separate the foil and nickles.
The iron audio is great, use it. If you have ever ran an At pro in a bed of nails then you you know what an ear bashing that can be. I also like to add the high wrap onto the the iron audio.
I find myself grabbing the sport a lot lately. With the 7" it is an excellent separator and retains depth that other detectors lose with smaller coils. I've been thinking of calling mine r2d2 because it stills speaks even though it's digital.

Posted by: mascard1
Date: October 29, 2016 09:50AM
HanoverDigger
Somebody help me!!!! I've been hijacked!!!:rofl:

Posted by: irnwrkr
Date: October 29, 2016 09:14PM
I think its the best ap unit out. I can go in saltwater, dry sand, anywhere inland, I can hunt gold etc

Posted by: MrBranton33
Date: October 29, 2016 10:53PM
iqwozpoom
Congrats, you're gonna enjoy it! A couple tips, get the 7", you'll gain a lot more than you will lose and it is a lot lighter. Don't be afraid to turn the sense down a bit in thick iron and trash. When you get in the thick slow down a bit, you don't have to crawl but a deliberate pace will help you with all the signals coming at you. I prefer the 8 tone to separate the foil and nickles.
The iron audio is great, use it. If you have ever ran an At pro in a bed of nails then you you know what an ear bashing that can be. I also like to add the high wrap onto the the iron audio.
I find myself grabbing the sport a lot lately. With the 7" it is an excellent separator and retains depth that other detectors lose with smaller coils. I've been thinking of calling mine r2d2 because it stills speaks even though it's digital.

He's spot on about the 7 inch Detec coil. It's very good. I air tested as soon as I got mine just for kicks. I was getting 11 inches on a quarter, and ten on a dime. In the field I found a nice flat button that I must have walked over a dozen times with many machines and coils. This place is so iron contaminated, it's tough to get much of anything, but the MX Sport and the 7 inch coil pulled this button out at close to seven inches deep. I'm going to work that spot some more with it.

Youtube: Carolina Coin Hunter

White's V3i ,MX Sport.MXT All Pro,Fisher F75 ltd 2,Garrett AT Pro, Fisher cz70 Pro,Minelab CTX 3030, & a bunch of dirt stained jeans. Lol :)

Date: October 30, 2016 06:52AM
Got the unit yesterday...great shipping time. Got it put together... no problem. Put the batteries in...easy peasy...no brainer. Hit the power switch...NOTHING!!! Put in a new set of batteries... NOTHING! I got the unit in a trade deal. I had a long conversation with the previous owner. Says the unit was working fine before packing it up. Says the contacts may need to be cleaned. Did that... NOTHING. This is a new unit Whites sent him after he sent the other one in for all the upgrades and cracking issues. I did the warranty transfer so it looks like a trip to Centreville Electronics for repair. Glad he is not too far. The unit has a 9/27/2016 invoice date so warranty shouldn't be a problem. Just disappointed I have to send it in for repair SO SOON. :nopity: :rant:

Date: October 30, 2016 07:15AM
HanoverDigger
Got the unit yesterday...great shipping time. Got it put together... no problem. Put the batteries in...easy peasy...no brainer. Hit the power switch...NOTHING!!! Put in a new set of batteries... NOTHING! I got the unit in a trade deal. I had a long conversation with the previous owner. Says the unit was working fine before packing it up. Says the contacts may need to be cleaned. Did that... NOTHING. This is a new unit Whites sent him after he sent the other one in for all the upgrades and cracking issues. I did the warranty transfer so it looks like a trip to Centreville Electronics for repair. Glad he is not too far. The unit has a 9/27/2016 invoice date so warranty shouldn't be a problem. Just disappointed I have to send it in for repair SO SOON. :nopity: :rant:

That's a shame. Hopefully White's will fix it quickly for you.

Date: October 31, 2016 03:26PM
HanoverDigger
Looks like Centreville Electronics isn't quite up to snuff on the Mx Sport repairs yet...:ranting:. I wound up sending it in to Sweet Home for the repair. :super:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login