Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Is now the time to purchase an MX-Sport ?
Posted by: JASONSPAZ1
Date: November 08, 2016 12:26AM
When Whites first announced the machine I was praising the layout and expected functionality.
I have heard of a weak pinpoint with no modulation, target audio smearing, and bad target separation, as well as almost impossible salt water performance.
In a nut shell have these issued been fully resolved or should a possible customer have to wonder if there are more firm ware upgrades coming?
I am not bashing Whites in any way. Every manufacture of every product has bumps in the road. I just want to be sure the MX-Sport is now being manufactured at 100% spec performance?
Thanks in advance.
Jason
HH

"If you walk away from a target still thinking of it,
then go back and dig it"

Metal Detecting in Massachusetts and New Hampshire for 30 years.
Merrimack Valley Metal Detecting Group on Facebook.

I currently use a Minelab Sovereign GT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2016 12:27AM by JASONSPAZ1.

Re: Is now the time to purchase an MX-Sport ?
Posted by: Des D
Date: November 08, 2016 01:59PM
Why not? Now's as good a time as any but, if you live in a snow belt, probably not?
If it breaks, has a flaw, or let's you down in any way you'll have the Warranty to protect your purchase.
I'd imagine White's may improve their Warranty conditions in light of what occurred with the MX Sport?
They might have to entice people to buy it and other New releases in the future?
In the motor industry here in Europe, Ford have just introduced a 7 Year Warranty to counter the rise in popularity of the Korean Imports, Hyundai and Kia and Mitsubishi's 8 Year Warranty

Posted by: tboykin
Date: November 08, 2016 05:14PM
JASONSPAZ1
When Whites first announced the machine I was praising the layout and expected functionality.
I have heard of a weak pinpoint with no modulation, target audio smearing, and bad target separation, as well as almost impossible salt water performance.
In a nut shell have these issued been fully resolved or should a possible customer have to wonder if there are more firm ware upgrades coming?
I am not bashing Whites in any way. Every manufacture of every product has bumps in the road. I just want to be sure the MX-Sport is now being manufactured at 100% spec performance?
Thanks in advance.
Jason
HH

Jason, we have addressed all of the issues with the MX Sport. Now is a great time to buy, mostly because of the free stuff you get with the machine - MX Sport Christmas Bundle.

We are considering offering extended warranties in the future, but rest assured if you have ANY problems with this particular machine, White's will have your back. The firmware is solid, mechanical/build is improved for extra durability, and we are confident in the product. It was a rocky launch, but we have learned many lessons from it and will use those bruises to perfect our processes going forward.

Tom@White's

Social Media Guy @ White's

Posted by: El
Date: November 08, 2016 07:12PM
I was thinking the same as Jason.

How do I know I am getting the latest up to date machine. What I am saying is, no mater who I order from can I be assured that it is the latest updated machine?

Thanks,

El

Posted by: Des D
Date: November 09, 2016 11:36AM
Remembering back to 2000, when Explorer XS came out, it transpired it had a software bug (flaw) in Saving the "X"
If you made a change in a Saved setting and ticked the 'X' and then turned it off, on turn on the 'X' was gone (slot empty)
So a software change was made and at the time most wanted to eliminate the viewable software version.
However, a few of us canvassed very hard to retain the ability to see the software version and that was a wise decision.
It's precisely what "White's" should have done/should do to allow owners to instantly know just which version software is in a unit.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: November 11, 2016 07:28PM
Order from N Georgia Relics and Don will assure that you get a factory fresh unit.

Posted by: El
Date: November 11, 2016 10:14PM
Posted by: Flbchbm
Date: November 12, 2016 08:18PM
When was the latest update? I Saw a video recently that seemed to indicate it was September? Modulation working better (or more traditionally)?

Posted by: John, in Nawth Carolina
Date: November 13, 2016 03:33PM
I don't need the competition. Don' buy one.

Using what I can afford since 1976

Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: November 14, 2016 04:44PM
I say go for it. I believe they have all the kinks ironed out. Good luck!

T2SE w/ Nel hunter coil. Nautilus 2b w/ White's rod mod. MxSport. Lesche Piranah. Garrett propointer. Lesche digger. Deteknix W6 pro headphones. Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Posted by: hairymonsterman
Date: November 20, 2016 11:01PM
Seems there might still be issues with it, over on Thomas Dankowski site a customer with the latest version is reporting a blindspot of sorts with the coil at 7" or so, maybe the firmwares not as solid as Tom@White's suggests?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q1Fe2K4QdM

Posted by: basstrackerman
Date: November 21, 2016 07:50AM
No. Not til whites gets it right.

I retired from ohio department of corrections in 2008. Been a foster parent 20 years. Adopted 2 teen boys in 2013 ;) been swinging a detector since 1978 at age 11.. Ive used many different detectors and brands.. I use what works .. I wont stop til my heart does! Bill

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: November 21, 2016 03:59PM
There is a picture of the new MX Sport on Dankowski's under the heading"the future is now".

Posted by: Sand dog
Date: November 21, 2016 04:28PM
I really want to get one of these machines for lake hunting. But I'm gonna wait until I hear it's 100% right.

John

Posted by: tboykin
Date: November 22, 2016 01:22PM
hairymonsterman
maybe the firmwares not as solid as Tom@White's suggests?

Hey that's me... We are waiting to get back that customer's detector. The engineers and repair techs here are betting it's a coil issue. The way DD coils work, it could be that the two windings moved out of alignment during shipping. That would explain the null spot as the two fields would cross over in a weird way.

Now that the issues are behind us the MX Sport is selling pretty well and we haven't heard about any widespread problems. But even one-off problems are high on our priority list.

I would say before jumping to conclusions about this or any other machine based on others' opinions (whether positive OR negative) it is in your best interest to try it out for yourself. It is a beast in iron!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/GodnVkv4Gh0?rel=0

Social Media Guy @ White's

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login