Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Is now the time to purchase an MX-Sport ?
Posted by: Old California
Date: January 16, 2017 01:57PM
hello El,

Not this trip had some things surface over the weekend, but in two weeks ill be there.

Remember i mentioned the MXSport audio didn't sound right, wasn't hearing masked signals like before. Turns out my hearing was the problem, plus using one cup headset on the bad ear didn't help. After switching to the stock headset, boy audio was much better.

Yup, my right ear hearing has greatly went down hill. Hopefully see you in two weeks, ill let you know when im heading out there.

HH, Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2017 01:59PM by Old California.

Date: January 16, 2017 02:20PM
Keep us posted,

I'm currently using three coils with my MXSport, Stock 10" DD, 7" DD detech and the elliptical DD.

Looking forward to your first MXSport finds.

HH,Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2017 02:21PM by Old California.

Posted by: davidtn
Date: January 16, 2017 08:19PM
Old California
Keep us posted,

I'm currently using three coils with my MXSport, Stock 10" DD, 7" DD detech and the elliptical DD.

Looking forward to your first MXSport finds.

HH,Paul

Hey Paul, I spent a couple of hours in and around a football/soccer at a relatively new elementary school. It was EXTREMELY trashy (foil/can slaw) so the unit was chirping with regularity. I did find some clad and when it the coins were under the coil (stock BTW) they rang out very true on the VDI scale. I did notice that several pieces of can slaw rang up as a copper penny. Like most guys I didn't read the manual first so I need to figure out how best to notch out the trash so it's not chirping at meaningless stuff. I ran in it 2 tone as I'm not much on multiple tones. Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My previous detector was a V3i and I have to say that I'm much happier with the MX Sport.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2017 08:22PM by davidtn.

Posted by: tboykin
Date: January 17, 2017 10:23AM
davidtn
Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My previous detector was a V3i and I have to say that I'm much happier with the MX Sport.

Same camp here, V3i is now a closet queen. Because of that I got a couple tips for ya!

1. Try turning the sensitivity down first. This will help the detector skip over some of the small targets like tiny can slaw pieces that can give you a solid tone like a coin. You will still pull targets at 8+ inches with a sensitivity of about 4/5 depending on ground. You can also try pivoting 90 degrees when you get a good signal. If it bounces around or changes drastically when you pivot, the chances are higher that it is not something you would dig. But there's only one way to be sure...

2. If it's still too trashy try relic mode with a fast SAT setting. This will also help some, though you will at the same time be hearing the all-metal channel so it takes a bit to get used to. But any discriminated target will chirp (or grunt if you have iron grunt on) and good targets will bang out with a solid tone.

I would NOT notch out the higher ranges - depending on depth, good targets like IHP, buttons, bullets, and many older coins will fall into the range you are tuning out. Targets you might not want to miss!

Social Media Guy @ White's

Date: January 17, 2017 11:01AM
Thank you Tom for sharing, very informative.

Appreciate all the help you've provided us, Whites hit a home run when they hired you.

Thanks again,
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2017 11:24AM by Old California.

Date: January 17, 2017 11:21AM
Hello David,

I believe yyou'll use the MXSport more often over the V3, much more user friendly and it's waterproof.

Tom shared excellent tips for coin shooting. Very informative, those pieces of slaw can fool you.

This is the case with any sensitive VLF, especially higher khz models. Can slaw will fool you, but with tips such as Toms and others each detector has it's way of eliminating some can slaw.

Also, Tom put out a great video with audio modulation recently, I watched it while my MXSport was in for the latest firmware and meter assembly replacement. So i was excited to try it when my sport was returned with the latest upgrade, it does work.

At an old park, have a test bed of buried wheat pennies. As Tom mentioned in the video, it will loose some depth when using Audio Modulation. And it did when the user has audio modulation activated, so i tried something to bring back that loss of depth and it worked. When using audio modulation, if the user is after deep coins the extream deeper ones try rasing sensitivshariittle you'll be suprised how those loss deeper coin signals will spring back that are lost from audio modulation.

And as Tom mentions try using Relic mode, i too use relic mode for parks and have always been a believer of pushing SAT in relic mode. I don't see any loss of depth with using high SAT with relic mode, it actually helps the user in trashty areas without sacrificing depth out in cleaner areas.

Not to be confused with prospecting or all metal mode, Increased SAT does the opposite. Increased SAT with all metal modes is to stabilize the machine in tougher soils but it loses depth.

Ive had a long stretch of detecting off time last year, so i need to get refamilar with my upgraded MXSport. It's so easy to loose the edge when not getting out often, and it looks like my schedule hasn't changed for the next good part of the new year. Sure ill make sure to get out once in a while, but you can bet the MXSport will be one of my detectors of choice.

One thing i want to share, especially for those detecting older sites pounded year after year out in the cleaner areas. Need a good pi to get those deeper signals, or go all metal with the MXT or MXSport. You'll be susuprise with what you're missing using the other modes.

Good luck and keep us posted,
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2017 11:25AM by Old California.

Modulation, Have a theory with audio modulation reducing can slaw
Date: January 17, 2017 11:45AM
Was afraid to share this before trying this out with can slaw, maybe you or others can find time to test out my theory of using audio modulation to reduce can slaw.

Of course, if this does work it'll be the smaller pieces. Because audio modulation reduces some depth, maybe the smaller pieces of can slaw can be avoided because the signal is weaker. Think about this for a second, deeper weaker signals are harder to detect with Modulation on. Thus, in theory so should tiny surface signals such as can slaw.

Just something Ive been pondering on, so if others find that it helps reduce can slaw please do share.

Lower sensitivity should help reduce can slaw as well.

Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2017 11:48AM by Old California.

Date: January 17, 2017 07:00PM
Good info Paul and thank you so much for sharing it. Can you point me to the video that you refer to?

Thanks!

Date: January 17, 2017 07:04PM
Old California
Thank you Tom for sharing, very informative.

Appreciate all the help you've provided us, Whites hit a home run when they hired you.

Thanks again,
Paul

Agreed!

Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: January 17, 2017 09:30PM
All metal, relics, and prospecting is set up to find all metal. If you want to miss the iron you have to raise the disc. or hunt in coin mode if it has one. Most detectors you can eliminate most of the junk if you want to but you will miss coins and jewelry that reads lower.

Date: January 18, 2017 07:54AM
Don't remember were i seen the video, may have been Nasa Toms forum. If it's still there, that i don't know have not visited the forum since about the time i seen the video. Maybe 6-8 weeks ago.

Take care,
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Posted by: tboykin
Date: January 18, 2017 03:55PM
davidtn
Good info Paul and thank you so much for sharing it. Can you point me to the video that you refer to?

Thanks!

It was a Dankowski exclusive - https://youtu.be/HHDYQh4YBBw

Social Media Guy @ White's

Date: January 18, 2017 10:42PM
tboykin
davidtn

Thanks!

It was a Dankowski exclusive - https://youtu.be/HHDYQh4YBBw

Thanks so much!

Posted by: iqwozpoom
Date: January 21, 2017 06:38PM
chuck, ky
All metal, relics, and prospecting is set up to find all metal. If you want to miss the iron you have to raise the disc. or hunt in coin mode if it has one. Most detectors you can eliminate most of the junk if you want to but you will miss coins and jewelry that reads lower.
You have iron audio available in the all metal modes, gives a nice grunt.
Tbokin, Thanks for posting the youtube link! I personally like modulation as it helps me to size up targets. Great for coin popping!

Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: January 22, 2017 02:18PM
I forgot about the iron tone but the only time I use it is when I'm hunting for property stakes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login