Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Could use a little help
Posted by: petew
Date: November 20, 2016 01:44PM
I own a mx5.Its the only whites I've ever owned.I have a spyder and 6x10 eclipse.I would like a. Bigger dd for depth.
I have read the d2 had issues, and Ive read the 10x12 will detune my machine.
I prefer round dd coils.But if the self is better I'd get it.I'm leaning towards the d2 coil, but I'd like to hear from anyone with experience. Thanks

Re: Could use a little help
Posted by: Mega
Date: November 20, 2016 02:57PM
I dont own a MX5 but i do own other Whites machines,but from looking at the Whites website the main larger coil that they suggest is the 13'' ULTIMATE coil,it is a very popular all round coil and in my opinion it could be the exact one that you are looking for.

Deus and Nexus MP.

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: Bill_S
Date: November 21, 2016 06:51AM
I think Basstrackerman had an MX5 and used the 13" ultimate on it and really liked it.

Posted by: basstrackerman
Date: November 21, 2016 07:49AM
Hi. I did have the MX5 and it really shined when i used the 10x12 sef coil or the 8x6 sef coil. It was deep and did very well in trash. I buy and sell fairly often so i no longer have it. I did not try the 13" ultimate but have heard it does better than the sef.

I retired from ohio department of corrections in 2008. Been a foster parent 20 years. Adopted 2 teen boys in 2013 ;) been swinging a detector since 1978 at age 11.. Ive used many different detectors and brands.. I use what works .. I wont stop til my heart does! Bill

Posted by: petew
Date: November 21, 2016 08:48AM
Thanks for the help...I'm gonna try to find a used sef coil and if not I'll probably uy a new one.
Thanks again.

Posted by: MattBullSummerville
Date: November 27, 2016 08:37PM
I use the SEF WSS 5x10 dd coil. Can't tell any difference in depth to the spider but I like the narrow knife blade pattern. I only over lap my swings by an inch or two with it. Ofcourse you soil may be different than what I search in around the Charleston area. The weight is not as much the d2 I think. Seems like is one of the cpmplaints I have read of d2 users. Never used the other SEF coils but the above comments sounds good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login