Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Could use a little help
Posted by: petew
Date: November 20, 2016 01:44PM
I own a mx5.Its the only whites I've ever owned.I have a spyder and 6x10 eclipse.I would like a. Bigger dd for depth.
I have read the d2 had issues, and Ive read the 10x12 will detune my machine.
I prefer round dd coils.But if the self is better I'd get it.I'm leaning towards the d2 coil, but I'd like to hear from anyone with experience. Thanks

Re: Could use a little help
Posted by: Mega
Date: November 20, 2016 02:57PM
I dont own a MX5 but i do own other Whites machines,but from looking at the Whites website the main larger coil that they suggest is the 13'' ULTIMATE coil,it is a very popular all round coil and in my opinion it could be the exact one that you are looking for.

These are the main machines that i use on my permissions here in the UK,Deusx2,DFX,IDX Pro,B3,T2,TDI Pro Pulse c/w 20'' Mono,Mirage Pulse,Crossbow Pulse,Nexus MP,Nexus SE dual 9'' coil the bad boy,Vaquero,Fisher TW-5 twin box and few others.

''Its not about how much ground you cover but how you cover the ground''

Posted by: Bill_S
Date: November 21, 2016 06:51AM
I think Basstrackerman had an MX5 and used the 13" ultimate on it and really liked it.

Posted by: basstrackerman
Date: November 21, 2016 07:49AM
Hi. I did have the MX5 and it really shined when i used the 10x12 sef coil or the 8x6 sef coil. It was deep and did very well in trash. I buy and sell fairly often so i no longer have it. I did not try the 13" ultimate but have heard it does better than the sef.

I retired from ohio department of corrections in 2008. Been a foster parent 20 years. Adopted 2 teen boys in 2013 ;) been swinging a detector since 1978 at age 11.. Ive used many different detectors and brands.. I use what works .. I wont stop til my heart does! Bill

Posted by: petew
Date: November 21, 2016 08:48AM
Thanks for the help...I'm gonna try to find a used sef coil and if not I'll probably uy a new one.
Thanks again.

Posted by: MattBullSummerville
Date: November 27, 2016 08:37PM
I use the SEF WSS 5x10 dd coil. Can't tell any difference in depth to the spider but I like the narrow knife blade pattern. I only over lap my swings by an inch or two with it. Ofcourse you soil may be different than what I search in around the Charleston area. The weight is not as much the d2 I think. Seems like is one of the cpmplaints I have read of d2 users. Never used the other SEF coils but the above comments sounds good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login