Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Second hunt with the Sport
Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: November 28, 2016 07:11AM
Got a few bullets, not too deep, but got a fair signal with bouncy vdi's but dug it anyway. After digging almost two feet, I thought maybe artillery or frag. Turns out it was a piece of iron but not the kind I was hoping for. Oh well, at least the detector showed some good depth.

T2SE w/ Nel hunter coil. Nautilus 2b w/ White's rod mod. MxSport. Lesche Piranah. Garrett propointer. Lesche digger. Deteknix W6 Pro wireless headphones. Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

you liking the sport?
Posted by: jtalley007
Date: November 29, 2016 07:48PM
Keep in touch,

Jerry

Re: Second hunt with the Sport
Posted by: Des D
Date: November 30, 2016 03:06AM
"Same reason I gave up Fisher's "X Series"

Dang! I hate when that happens...expounding SO much energy on Iron!!!"

Re: you liking the sport?
Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: November 30, 2016 06:43AM
jtalley007
Keep in touch,

Jerry
I like it very much. It definitly hits on the deep iron. I dug up another piece of iron at considerable depth. I think Whites got this (mine) detector right. No audio mod. issues, don't really use it, but checked it out anyway. Another issue I was hearing about was a backlight hum. I turned sens. to 0, ran thru all the backlight settings, no hum at all. This thing runs really smooth, it does false a little when hunting close to trees and hitting them, not really hard mind you, but EVERY detector I have used has done this, from the Nautilus on down. Maybe if turning the sens. down would help this? I like to run it as hot as I can. My spots doesn't really have EMI deep in the woods. I've only had it to 7 and it seems to get good depth. Next time out I will try to run it higher and see how it does. Now....to get this thing in the river next summer.......

T2SE w/ Nel hunter coil. Nautilus 2b w/ White's rod mod. MxSport. Lesche Piranah. Garrett propointer. Lesche digger. Deteknix W6 Pro wireless headphones. Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Re: Second hunt with the Sport
Posted by: MattBullSummerville
Date: December 01, 2016 10:59PM
My MX Sport runs hot also, sensitivity of 7 on the sport is like 8 or 9 on the MX5 and MXT.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login