Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
What's wrong with my MX 5?
Posted by: slingshot
Date: December 17, 2016 01:08PM
Thought I had it fixed when I tightened the connector a few months ago. Then, after an hour's use of running smooth this a.m., the chattering started big time. I tightened the connector- same. I took out batteries, bent little tabs a smidgen to make sure all was tight-same. Did a reset- same. I have threshold at 0, sensitivity turned down to 4(it still chatters at minimum). Also, was moving at time I got it from Kellyco and lost warranty card. Will Kellyco help me if I need to send it in? Also, I went to 4 different locations-same. Turned on my Compadre, which is pretty sensitive to emi and it was smooth.

Re: What's wrong with my MX 5?
Posted by: JEF
Date: December 17, 2016 01:36PM
Do you have a different coil to try on it? It could be a bad coil.

Corvallis, OR
Club: Beaver State Coinshooters

Current detectors:
Tesoro Bandido II Umax
Tesoro Outlaw
Tesoro High Tone Vaquero
Tesoro Mojave
Whites MX5
Whites MXT Pro
Whites Surf PI
Tesoro Sand Shark

Date: December 17, 2016 02:12PM
JEF
Do you have a different coil to try on it? It could be a bad coil.
Unfortunately, no. Now get this. I loosen the connector, rewrap the coil wire, tighten connector again and turn on detector. The emi starts again then in about 3 seconds the detector stabilizes, even when I max the sensitivity!

UPDATE:
Date: December 17, 2016 05:05PM
HOW TO FIX YOUR MX5.

I took the now smooth running MX 5 and after only 3 minutes the emi got worse. So what you do, is after being worked up and disgusted, you take the palm of your hand and, while calling the detector a POS give the battery holder a healthy bump and voila! :rofl: An hour later she's still purring.
After that, I did recall the instruction manual stating this might be necessary-but who pays any attention to a manual?:surrender:

Posted by: MattBullSummerville
Date: December 18, 2016 01:54PM
I have had the battery get snapped on one side and not other. As stated by Slingshot make sure the battery in snapped in good on both sides. Try a reset of all the programs as well, instructions are printed on the bottom of the battery box. When I first got mine has the same issue. Sent it in the White's and the only thing they found was the battery may not have been making good contact. Have only had it happen one other time. I checked the battery, and did a complete reset. Detector started back up and ran like new out of the box.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login