Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Question about MXSport coils
Posted by: JEF
Date: January 17, 2017 12:24PM
Since the MX Sport is the same frequency as the MXT and the MX5, why couldn't Whites put a waterproof connector on all of the coils that work with the MXT and MX5, and also sell them as MX Sport coils. They could put a Sport decal on the ones with waterproof connectors. I'll bet that they would sell a ton of them. It would greatly increase the number of coils available for the Sport.

Corvallis, OR
Club: Beaver State Coinshooters

Current detectors:
Nokta Impact
Tesoro Bandido II Umax
Tesoro Outlaw
Tesoro High Tone Vaquero
Tesoro Mojave
Whites MX5
Whites MXT Pro
Tesoro Sand Shark
Whites Beach Hunter ID 300

Re: Question about MXSport coils
Posted by: tboykin
Date: January 17, 2017 12:38PM
I can answer that, one Beaver to another. The MX Sport coils require a special tuning to work properly with the detector. This is due to the gain structure and high sensitivity of the detector. So other coils are not plug and play with the MX Sport. Sometimes the other coils beep, but the VDI is off, or the ground balancing is wonky in certain environments.

Social Media Guy @ White's

Date: January 17, 2017 12:53PM
Thanks for your fast response. Do you think that Whites will eventually offer more coils for the Sport?

Corvallis, OR

Current detectors:
Nokta Impact
Tesoro Bandido II Umax
Tesoro Outlaw
Tesoro High Tone Vaquero
Tesoro Mojave
Whites MX5
Whites MXT Pro
Tesoro Sand Shark

Date: January 17, 2017 02:55PM
JEF
Thanks for your fast response. Do you think that Whites will eventually offer more coils for the Sport?

There has been some discussion on that. I do think that other companies (NEL for example) will catch up and build some amazing coils for the MX Sport. As much as we would like to build every possible coil for the Sport... We are first and foremost a metal detecting company, and it makes sense to direct our energy towards building better machines. 'Only do what you can do well.' Some of the coil companies out there are so specialized, and make such great accessory coils that it could be a better choice to let them run with the ball on coils while we focus on the next big thing.

Just a thought, not saying we won't make more coils but our priorities are directed elsewhere right now.

Date: January 17, 2017 03:11PM
tboykin,

I think I met you at one of our club hunts at Timber Linn park in Albany. You were using an MX Sport. I just ordered a 7" Detech coil for my Sport. It should be here Friday. If I remember right, you were using the 7" Detech coil at the club hunt that day. If so, how do you like it? I prefer smaller coils, mainly because of the weight difference. The 5.3 eclipse is my all time favorite Whites coil.

Corvallis, OR

Current detectors:
Nokta Impact
Tesoro Bandido II Umax
Tesoro Outlaw
Tesoro High Tone Vaquero
Tesoro Mojave
Whites MX5
Whites MXT Pro
Tesoro Sand Shark

Date: January 17, 2017 05:10PM
JEF
tboykin,

I think I met you at one of our club hunts at Timber Linn park in Albany. You were using an MX Sport. I just ordered a 7" Detech coil for my Sport. It should be here Friday. If I remember right, you were using the 7" Detech coil at the club hunt that day. If so, how do you like it? I prefer smaller coils, mainly because of the weight difference. The 5.3 eclipse is my all time favorite Whites coil.

Coulda been me, if Bob was there!

I think the 7" Detech is just about the best coil out right now for the MX Sport. It has great separation and depth (not much less than the stock 10"). Also the weight really helps the balance of the detector. Easy to pinpoint with and fits into areas the 10" is too bulky.

Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: January 17, 2017 05:23PM
tboykin
JEF

There has been some discussion on that. I do think that other companies (NEL for example) will catch up and build some amazing coils for the MX Sport. As much as we would like to build every possible coil for the Sport... We are first and foremost a metal detecting company, and it makes sense to direct our energy towards building better machines. 'Only do what you can do well.' Some of the coil companies out there are so specialized, and make such great accessory coils that it could be a better choice to let them run with the ball on coils while we focus on the next big thing.

Just a thought, not saying we won't make more coils but our priorities are directed elsewhere right now.
That would be cool if NEL came out with some coils. I own two for a different detector. The Hunter and Sharpshooter. Good coils!

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * VX3* Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Posted by: Frank in NH
Date: January 17, 2017 05:49PM
Really like the 7" Detech , I leave it on all the time now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login