Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
A new White's detector coming..Rumor ?
Posted by: Tim_on_Long_Island
Date: January 17, 2017 08:35PM
I spoke to a White's dealer and was told a new unit is coming out for 2017. He couldn't get into it but did say it will be a pulse unit ...a Rumor :shrug: ??....HH Tim

Re: A new White's detector coming..Rumor ?
Date: January 17, 2017 08:47PM
I found this online :

White’s patented a new metal detecting technology
White’s is going to mix the capabilities of two different types of machines – VLF and Pulse Induction. Looking forward to White’s new super metal detector?

What do you know about VLF and Pulse Induction technologies? For an ordinary treasure hunter it’s enough to know basic principles. VLF detectors are based on the continuous wave principle. These machines provide better discrimination, but can be affected by external factors. For example, ground mineralization reduces detection depth. Pulse Induction detectors, however, still give good detection depth on highly mineralized ground, but have problems with discrimination accuracy.

White’s decided to create a hybrid device by combining two technologies. The patent was verified and confirmed on March 15, 2016 (U.S. Patent No. 9,285,496 В1).

whites-patented-a-new-metal-detecting-technology-02

Posted by: irnwrkr
Date: January 18, 2017 06:18AM
I threw that idea at them a long time ago. I put it on the whites electronic forum

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: January 18, 2017 09:28AM
But doesn't the main Whites engineer who was working on that project now work for First Texas??

Posted by: JASONSPAZ1
Date: January 18, 2017 12:36PM
This is a step in the right direction. I recently heard the other big USA detector manufacturer is combining their current ATMACHINE with their pulse machine.
A new trend that is welcomed.

"If you walk away from a target still thinking of it,
then go back and dig it"

Metal Detecting in Massachusetts and New Hampshire for 30 years.
Merrimack Valley Metal Detecting Group on Facebook.

I currently use a Minelab Sovereign GT.

Posted by: Nauti Neil
Date: January 18, 2017 02:47PM
I was about to invest in a new detector but after hearing this,i think i'll wait a while.I hunt beaches and this is the sort of machine i've been waiting for........sounds good.

Posted by: Mxt Sniper
Date: January 18, 2017 06:19PM
Should be out any time, one version of this came thru Nevada gold fields summer 2015, being tested. More revisions to patent in 2016, can't wait to see it.

Date: January 19, 2017 12:12AM
I am waiting also on this, heard they might waterproof it also.

Posted by: John (Ma)
Date: January 19, 2017 09:32AM
I would think a water detector to replace the beach hunter???

Posted by: John(Tx)
Date: January 19, 2017 11:06AM
All this sounds great and hopefully it will come to be but will it beat the TDI Pro in depth? When used all out the TDI Pro has depths that few machines can match and since I hunt saltwater that is how I use it, it would be nice to discriminate some of these unwanted items out but when trying to get the gold rings you still have to dig up the unwanted items so the TDI it is for now. Looking forward to this new machine to see it's potential. HH

Posted by: Nauti Neil
Date: January 19, 2017 11:17AM
Thats the thing is'nt it..........i doubt it will have the ultimate depth of a good pi if it has any "proper" discrim.......but fingers crossed.

Posted by: icurabeachguy
Date: January 21, 2017 06:05PM
if they waterproofed the TDI, I would be more than happy! anything additional is just $$$

Waterproof Mirage PI

Date: January 24, 2017 12:16AM
i always wonder, if the TDI Pro was so good, why did White's discontinue making it. Unless, they are thinking of a waterproof TDI version...the saga continues

Posted by: Mega
Date: January 28, 2017 12:31PM
Tim_on_Long_Island
i always wonder, if the TDI Pro was so good, why did White's discontinue making it. Unless, they are thinking of a waterproof TDI version...the saga continues

It was the type of battery that the TDI pro used that may well have killed the machine off,its a Li-ion one and most carriers these days wont touch them,so if you cannot transport a detector or a main part of it ie the battery then what use is it ?? that is why the 'sl' version is still being produced as the batteries comply with transport safety regulations.Its a shame as the Pro version is a really nice Pulse machine,i use one and the TDI range has the 'ace' card up its sleeve by being able too use the Minelab GPX/GP range of coils as well,giving you a much wider variety.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: Wayfarer
Date: January 28, 2017 01:11PM
I hope a V3i Pro with new firmware and USB programming capability. Or an MXT Pro2 with new display (spectragraph would be nice).

Current detectors: White's V3i, MXT, XL Pro, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Past: White's XLT, 6000D Series 3, Coinmaster 2DB, Minelab CTX 3030

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login